Chapter 4

After a long drive back to Beacon Hills the pack gets to the Veterinary clinic and carry a still unconscious teenage Derek into the building.

Zoey, obviously not being able to go anywhere considering her car was lost somewhere in Mexico when she was captured, sits down in one of the empty chairs.

All objects are thrown to the floor off of the metal table as Derek is layed down on top of it. Deaton not even fazed by the teenage witch since he somehow always knows things, knew that she had to be alive, stares at Derek instead in astonishment.

"Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles emphasizes to Deaton. "Wow as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do, kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"Why don't we just let him sleep it off and call it a night, yeah?" Zoey comments from the chair behind the group and they turn to look at her. Her knees are pulled up to her chest as she rests her head on them and she let's out a yawn as its been a long day.

Just as Scott is about to say something, Lydia speaks up as they look in her direction.

"He's cold. Really cold."

She's holding young Derek's hand and Deaton starts to check his vitals.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asks and Deaton replies.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

It's actually quite shocking really since Deaton always seems to know everything and to find out he doesn't even know what to do is slightly a predicament.

"So what do we do with him?"

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from the sociopathic bitch known as Kate Argent?"

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is," Deaton starts as he looks to Zoey. "She won't be able to walk past that gate."

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asks confused on why Kate would even do this to begin with and honestly raises questions in everyone's heads.

"Knowing Kate, its probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles adds.

"You guys should probably go home." Deaton says as he notices the tired looks on their faces. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

Scott's tired voice sounds throughout the quiet room. "Someone should stay with you."

"I'll stay." Lydia looks over to the teen wolf. "My grades are fine... Despite missing a few classes."

"Ooh I agree." Zoey adds in. "I'll stay too."

"I'm so not okay with that." Stiles says as he looks to Zoey.

"You act like you have a say in what I can and can't do."

Scott interrupts their argument as he speaks up. "I thought you wanted to get out of here and call it a night?"

"Hm, well, stay here and do nothing but worry about myself or go home and have to hear mom hysterically cry over her baby girl being alive? I think I'll go with the former."