GerGre (Germany x Greece) Some days are just meant for relaxing

Request one: Germany x Greece

(A ship chosen by myself because season 7 of Hetalia came out before anyone commented.)

-----

Somewhat inspired by the first episode of season 7 but not necessarily spoilers.

Wait yeah this is probably spoilers.

At the time I'm publishing this, 4/3/2021, the first episode English subbed of season 7 is available on FUNimation for the US. There are also some less legal but cheaper ways to watch it if you look in the right places.

-----

May have minor historical inaccuracies, but this is a Hetalia fanfic so what did you expect.

-----

     Germany stood before the door of Greece's house. The most recent world meeting had been unfortunately (and expectedly) unproductive, leaving the nations to depart before they could solve the issue of getting Greece out of debt. Perhaps the worst part was none of the ideas anyone thought of could really fix Greece's debt- not movies, not patrons, and definitely not erasing the concept of debt itself! (What was Greece even thinking when he suggested that?)

     Some days, if things really needed to get done, Germany had to take it into his own hands. That, and his boss suggested that he do so. It was still work, but just being in the nation of Greece felt nice to Germany, as if he was on a vacation. Although work was important, Germany couldn't deny a nice vacation some days, and Greece was such a warm and beautiful place to visit. Greece had actually let him vacation there before and it was wonderful. Unproductive, but wonderful.

     But to return to the real reason why Germany was there, this was a visit for work. Nothing more, nothing less. There would be no distractions, no unrelated chit-chat, no vacations- no matter how appealing they sounded! Reminding himself of that, Germany knocked on Greece's door.

     Knock knock.

     ...

     Knock knock.

     ...

     "Hallo? Greece? It's me, Germany. I'm here to help you with your debt like we discussed last meeting."

     There was still no response.

     Knock knock. "Griechenland, are you in there?"

     Where could Greece be? When Germany pulled him aside in the meeting, he made sure to explain he wanted to talk again to Greece about this. He emailed him about their bosses' idea a few days ago and even called yesterday to make sure their plans were okay. Greece had said he would be okay to meet and would be ready at this time, so what happened?

     Suddenly, Germany could hear the sounds of footsteps from inside the house. They were a bit uneven and slow, but, soon enough, the door had opened to reveal a very sleepy Greece.

     "Guten Nachmittag, Greece," Germany said. Good, Greece was awake and at home. He didn't look ready for their meeting, but this was much better than Greece not being home at all.

     "Hm? Καλημέρα, Γερμανία," Greece yawned in a way that could almost be described as endearing. His yawn turned into a sleepy smile that gave Germany a nervous feeling in his stomach. But he was here for business, not personal reasons, so he pushed those feelings away. He had no reason to be nervous (that was definitely what he was feeling, couldn't be anything else), it was just a small meeting. Just the two of them. Alone. Discussing debt.