Rusind (Russia x India) Rainy Picnic

Request five: Russia x India

For icewingprime

-----

     "Your place is so warm," Russia complimented as they walked through the field together. "I wish it was like this at my house," he added enviously.

     India chuckled politely. "It is very nice now, Ivan, my dear friend, but I think the heat would be too much for you in the summer." They were fortunate today, for the beginnings of spring brought gentle winds and more tolerable temperatures.

     Today was a special occasion. Despite being allies for many years, it was a struggle to meet for meaningful amounts of time outside of work. Thankfully, Russia was able to take off some time to visit his friend. It was a lovely day, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, the wind was blowing lightly. And the best part? The two men were going to spend that day together, having a picnic in the countryside. A blessing, truly a gift from God or Brahma, if Russia recalled his ally's god's name correctly. (India had once tried to explain Hinduism to Russia, and by the end his head felt like it was spinning. The religion was beautiful but, at the same time, it was incredibly complicated! All the reincarnations- Russia had struggled a bit with his christian upbringing, with the complications of the Holy Trinity who were also God but God was also the Father who has the Son and then there's the Holy Spirit and no, Russia, they're not three parts of one God, you can't say that, that's blasphemy-! Thinking back on it, maybe they were equally complicated, but at least Hinduism doesn't pretend that everything is simple. Bless India for being so patient with him.)

     But yes! It was a wonderful day, and the two of them got to enjoy it together, and India had even insisted that he would bring all of the food, so Russia knew the picnic would be absolutely delicious. India's food was so good! And it wasn't just curry, Russia swore that all of India's food was incredible. If only he could remember how to spell all the names of those dishes, then perhaps he could learn to make some of his own. Yet, it would never compare to his dear ally's personal cooking- especially with all the spices he snuck in that made Russia's face heat up at the taste, and even more when India would laugh and smile so beautifully.

     "I don't think it could be that warm," Russia insisted. "I can take it, I'm sure of it!"

     India raised an eyebrow. "You do know that five years ago it reached 51.0 °C (123.8 °F) here in the summer, right?"

     Russia stopped dead in his tracks. "51 degrees celsius...? Surely you're joking, everyone would practically burn alive if that were true!"

      "Give my people more credit than that," India said dismissively. "And I assure you, it's the truth. Look it up if you don't believe me."

      Russia grabbed India by shoulders and turned him around so they were facing each other. "How are you not dead?"

      "Just because you can't live in those temperatures, doesn't mean I can't," India smiled, a little cheekily too. "I've heard of nations who survived being boiled alive anyways, so this really was no big deal."

      "Indiya, I fear the heat has gotten to your head," Russia worried, letting go of his friend.

      "If anything, the cold has gotten to your heart! A little sun won't kill you, and if I wasn't so focused on being one of your best allies, I would encourage you to make more friends," said India. (He almost sounded like a mother, both doting on and scolding her child.)