Polhun (Poland x Hungary) Nothing more than friends

Request three: Poland x Hungary 

For @kindafree

-----

Human names:

     Hungary: Héderváry Erzsébet (Erzsébet, which can be shortened to Erzsi, is her first name, but in Hungary they write it second. I will refer to her with just her first name most often, since she and Feliks are close enough friends to do so.)

     Poland: Feliks Łukasiewicz

-----

     Erzsébet had been Feliks best friend for years. They were the type of friends who always had each other's backs, who could trust each other with their deepest secrets. Erzsébet was the first person Feliks came out to as bisexual, the first person he admitted his love of women's clothes to, and the only one he told about his crush on his cute neighbor. And she accepted him through it all- she supported him as an ally and later, after her own coming out, as a fellow bisexual, she let him try on her skirts and dresses, and she was there with ice cream and threats to said cute neighbor when Feliks found out his crush liked someone else.

     Erzsi was the best best friend Feliks could ever ask for.

     That's why he could never tell her that he loved her.

     Honestly, how could he! It would tear apart their friendship, which meant the world to him. And the other day, Erzsébet had even said she was so happy they were just friends because "it's so hard to get close to a guy nowadays without him falling in love".

     Their friendly laughter together wasn't loud enough to hide the sound of Feliks's heart being torn open.

      After everything Erzsi did for him, admitting his feelings would be like a betrayal. So that's why he planned to never say anything, endure all this because he had to love her as a best friend before he loved her as a man in love. It's what she deserves.

     One day, he'd get over it. He'd get that ice cream (probably Erzsi's favorite flavor), pull up those shitty rom-coms they'd watch together just to laugh, maybe even wear that cute skirt she bought him, and cry his eyes out over her. Maybe all his tears would wash away those feelings. Or it could make everything hurt more.

     Feliks isn't stupid enough to hope for a future where they're boyfriend and girlfriend, holding hands as they walk down the street together, going out to eat together like they always do but it ends in a kiss, getting to fall asleep by each other's side.

     It could never happen.

     Never.

-----

Author's note:

     Oops.

     Kinda considering writing a sequel where they actually get to get together or Hungary's side of the pining, but ikindastartedwritingalongerficforanotherrarepaironaccidentsorry. So. I hope this will do.

     (I'm still experimenting with my art style as well so. Even if everything looks different, it's still my art.)

     Next up is an amechu fic! It should be posted next Saturday.

     Thank you for reading! If you have any rare pairs (or ot3's, ot4's, etc.) of your own that you want to request, please do so on the first chapter where the rules are. Have a wonderful week!