𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

— if i love you —

— was a promise —

— would you break it —

— if you're honest —

long a/n akskskdj

[ OKAY hello everyone, it is me, ya favourite mushroom queen <3

first of all, number one in skephalo!! absolutely wack dudes, tysm!!

second! 600 votes (editing note- it's been a day and it's almost 700 aaaa) and 8k reads, also insane, ive been happy stimming so much :D my hope is this hits 1k votes one day!! thank you guys sm for sticking around for every chapter and leaving nice comments, i appreciate y'all a lot <3

my discord server is open for you to join, drop your user and ill dm you the link!!

finally, sorry for the long a/n, ily all and hope you have a great day! ]  

Skeppy glanced over his shoulder, eyes searching for Bad before he subconsciously calmed upon seeing his warmly smiling, albeit obviously nervous, face. He let his mouth quirk at the edges in return, eyes crinkling in the corners, warmth fuelling him even as the wind began to have a frost-bit chill. Their footsteps echoed off the buildings, slapping on the pavement as they sprinted across the road and vaulted over abandoned cars.

"Do you think this will work?" Bad asked, wariness laced in his voice. Skeppy shrugged, running faster. The devastation around them was enough to make his throat close up, remnants of what had been peaceful shops and quaint homes reduced to rubble no better than if they'd all been broken into. Honestly, they probably all had been. His heart ached to think of what would come after today.

"If it doesn't, I'm not letting you die. But if it does..." he smiled his stupid, wolfish grin, winking. "we'll have one hell of a story to tell the kids." Bad smiled slowly back.

"Bit of an odd time to discuss having children." A deep voice cackled from in front of them, where they both hadn't been paying attention, "Not like it's the apocalypse." Skeppy whirled around, taking a cautious step back to be in a more steady position, Bad's wings slowly rising almost like he was trying to make himself look bigger. The person flicked a hand. "Not at all."

Bad grinned begrudgingly, a spark of malice in his eyes. "It's rude to comment on a conversation that doesn't involve you." Skeppy knew he had missed his best friend, but he was really reminded why after staring at him for a solid second after Bad'd said that. Darryl had changed. He was less of Darryl, now, Skeppy could now only see Bad when he looked at him. Whether that was good or bad, he didn't know— it made a twang of regret pinch in his heart, but it also made him glad he was here to see and be with him.

"Bruh, look around, me talking to you is less rude than people murdering each other and trying to murder you. Worry about that instead." Skeppy shrugged when Bad looked at him, his mouth a thin, unamused line. He couldn't stifle the small giggle that bubbled in his throat because of that. The person— because we don't assume genders here— rolled their eyes, but you could tell they were smiling on the inside.

Skeppy felt a chill from the wind like frost in his veins, so he made an over-dramatic shudder to will away the cold. "They make a good point, y'know. Wait." He glared suspiciously at the person. "You're not gonna try any funny stuff, are you?"

"Me?" Their hand fluttered to their chest in mock-offence. They, then, grinned evilly. "Define funny." And with a flick of their hand, Bad was hanging upside down, like he was being picked up by an invisible hand and left dangling.