Fall Here 24: Said My Peace (Stacey)

My nerves are on edge as I got word from Justin and Rylee that Sienna ran from cheer practice.  Dad and I had just had an intervention with her and thought we were making headway.  It didn't help that the perpetrator of her pain was on the same campus as her.  I had even called Dad on the way back to the suite to see if I could find her.

I stood in the doorway of her room, ready to call her, when she walked into the suite. A moment of relief washed over me, but her energy spoke of confusion and heartbreak. "What happened today, Si?"

She just nodded trying to get around me and into her room.  I was getting tired of being shut out. I reached for her arm and directed her towards the living room.  We put our phones on the table and held her.  Her body language was tense, "I'm not letting you close yourself off.  You aren't leaving this couch until you tell me what is going on in that head of yours."

Her gaze met mine.  I could tell she was debating if I was serious or not.  She could tell I was serious.  She spilled about her day, how Cole came our of the locker room for basketball practice while the cheerleaders were wrapping up their practice.

"If he's part of the team Stacey, I can't be there cheering him on." She stated, with tears coming down her face.  This statement made my blood boil.  Cole and this whole situation made my blood boil.

"Don't go there!" I erupted, I wasn't going to let her give up something that made her feel normal for once. "Why are you giving up your happiness for that asshole?"

"We aren't suppose to be more than 500 feet of each other.  If I'm cheering we aren't 500 feet apart." She reasoned.

"So, then he doesn't get to be part of the team.  We go to the coach with the orders and your advisor, my dad stating that he can't be a part of the team." I explained. "I love you Si, don't give up something that makes you happy."

"I hear you, but I don't have this fight in me that you think I do.  Maybe I should go back home until after the trial and just wait." She uttered.

"If you do that you're giving Cole power over the situation." I responded as gently as possible.  "I hate seeing you tormented and hurting so much.  I'm not going to tell you what I would do if It were me because I'm not in shoes.  You have to make the decision as to what is best for you, my opinion is that if you quit cheer and leave, you'll only continue hurting yourself and give Cole even more power over your life."

I could see the wheels of her mind turning at my words.  She gave me a hug and said, "I'm going to take a shower, it's been a day."  With that she walked towards her room.

I was in the kitchen when I heard a phone on the table buzz.  I thought it was mine but at closer look it was Sienna's.  A message banner popped up on her screen.

Unknown: You can't get rid of me.

              Even though the message came from unknown I knew who it came from.  My blood boiled more, he is still harassing her.  I took a picture of the message and sent it to my dad, hoping this will help Sienna's case against Cole.  Dad immediately called me.

"What the hell?" he asked angrily.

"I know dad, I just found out myself." I answered, trying to calm my own anger.  Not anger at Sienna, but Cole.

"Is she okay?" the fatherly caring dad came through in his question.

"She wants to give up until after trial.  Thinks this is a mistake." I answered, tears falling down my eyes.

"I know they will want to know how many messages there have been. I'll get it handled. Thank you for keeping me in the loop." Dad took a deep breath and I braced myself for what he was about to say. "As far as Sienna wanting to take time off, if that's what she needs then we need to support her on that."

It hurt that I maybe separated from my friend in her time of need. "You know I'll support her in whatever she decides, I just don't have to like it as I wouldn't be there to help her." I answered.

"I get it.  I love you and am proud of you for all you've done for Sienna."

My cheeks flushed, "Thanks Dad.  I'm going to go check on Si.  Call if you find out anything."

"I will, you do the same."

I hung up the phone. Tears fell as I thought about the possibility of my friend going back home without me.  I couldn't leave school at this point but I didn't want to leave her without support either.  I brushed the tears off and went to her door, listening for the water in her bathroom to turn off.  Once it was off, I waited a few more moments and knocked.  She answered her door in her towel and I handed over her phone.

"Let me know if Cole texts you again." I said.  She seemed shocked that I knew.

"How did you – " she stammered. "Did you spy on me?"

I gave her an incredulous look, "No, a text came through and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. How many Si?"

"3 maybe 4." She answered meekly, "but I deleted the others."

I couldn't believe what she just told me.  "They need to be reported." I tried to stated as calmly as I could, but it came out in more of a 'idiot' yell.

"Can't we just forget?" she asked, her walls went back up and she closed the door on me.

"No Si, the only way to move on is to deal with it."

No response.  I went back to my phone and texted my dad with how many messages there were.  I have done all I can do at this point, the ball and all further responses are in Sienna's court.