anything 4 u

Lany - anything 4 u

IZ*ONE's Nako

----------

The afternoon sun bathed the classroom with its warm light as heat radiated inside the room, warming everything it hit. You stretch out your arms wide while yawning, out of nowhere, you feel a soft hit on your shoulder. You look over your back and see your best friend puffing out her mochi cheeks.

“Sorry~” you whisper to her.

The girl then stuck out her tongue at you. She knew that you’re doing it as a way to tease her height, it didn’t bother her much due to the fact that you two have been friends ever since the day she and her family moved to Korea five years ago.

“Kim Y/N. Please, stop bothering Miss Yabuki,” your teacher raised his voice.

“Sorry, Mr. Gong,” you bow your head.

The rest of your classmates just giggle at your scolding, including your own friend Nako. The class is already used to the playfulness between the two of you, with some wondering if you two have something going on. But all of it is just normal, especially when you have known her for quite some time.

*ring*

The school bell rings once again as Mr. Gong excused himself before the rest of the class erupts in a loud cheer. Students started to flood the hallways as lunchtime arrived. Nako didn’t waste any time and pulled you with her.

“Hurry up! Or else the hot dog bun will run out!”

You don’t have much choice but to follow the girl. Nako always uses your tall figure as a shield for her, she lets you push through the sea of students as she follows you close from behind while grabbing on your shirt.

Highschool with Nako was fun. During summer, you would always hang out at her house. Her family trusts you enough to let you be close to her and the rest of their family members, as it also goes the other way around.

Nako would always talk with your mother, she would share her recipe and cooking tips with your girl friend. You would sit at the dinner table and steal glances at the kitchen. Nako was cute, even cuter than usual on some days.

You would hang out with her as well as her friends a lot. Even though most of them are transfer students and they speak Japanese all the time, you didn’t let that stop you from spending your time with her.

It’s in your third year of high school that you start to notice your feelings for Nako. She is too precious for you to consider her only as a friend, but at the same time, you treasure your friendship more than to just ruin it by confessing to her.

With uncertainty, you decided to bury this feeling deep. Until uni comes…

----------

“...that professor is crazy!” Nako complained to you.

The blaring sun shines down on the two of you as you walk out of the campus ground, Nako frowns as she recalls the assignment that her lecturer gave earlier today. You can only chuckle as you watch her stomp her feet beside you.

“Professor Kang is strict, but overall she’s a fun professor,” you answered.

Nako sends you a sharp glare, but to you, anything she does is just cute. A pretty and cheeky cat, that is who Yabuki Nako is to you.

“Neko-ya, you’ll be fine.”

“I told you not to call me that anymore!” She softly punches your arm.

Nako got her nickname from you back in middle school. She never admits it but every time you call her Neko, she would feel warm and the butterflies in her stomach flies rampant. She has always felt safe and protected when she’s around you.

"Come to my place tonight, at least you don't have to do it alone at your dorm." You offered her. "How about that?"

Nako beamed at you, giving you the widest smile with the corners of her lips.

"Eung, sure!"

You rest your palm on top of her head, rubbing it like a crystal ball and teased her yet once again.

Nako raises her leg up and tries to kick you. But you swiftly dodge her attack and it annoys the chibi girl more.

"Yah! Let me kick you!"

"Why would I? Bleh~"

----------

You took a can of beer and placed it on the desk as Nako is focusing on her work, typing away on her laptop as you grab a chair and sat next to her. A loud pop startles her when you open the beer. She looks at you and her cute round glasses plus with her pout almost sends you into a cardiac arrest.

"W-want some?"

"Hmph!"

She took the can out of your hand and gulped down a copious amount of beer. She gives it back to you before you drink what's left of it.

"I'm stuck…"

"Don't worry. Take a break."

You hold her and pull her head to rest on your shoulder. This is normal for you two considering you have been friends for a long time.

But what you didn't expect is, Nako wrapping her arms on your torso. Basically cuddling you while the two of you are on your chairs.

"Y/N-ah, thank you for being here with me…"

It's already flustering enough she just started hugging you out of nowhere, but now that she suddenly blurts out sweet things just makes you feel crazy inside.

"T-that's what best friends are for Nako."

Saying the word best friend just doesn't seem right for you. You want more but you don't know if Nako wants that.

You are someone so familiar in her life that she doesn't even notice. You just want to love her, more than a best friend ever would.

"But I don't want to be best friends with you Nako. I want to be more…"

You look down and meet with her pair of eyes. You can see the confusion on her face, but that's not all. Her cheeks and ears are redder than usual.

"I like you Nako. More than a friend would."

It's time for her to know about this. All the times you've been spending with her, all the times you hear Nako talk about the things that make her cry, all the good times you've spent with her. It all leads to this moment.

"I-I l-like you too…"

"W-what!? Really!? That easy!?" Disbelief painted on your face.

"Why would I hug you like this if I don't like you too!?”

“Ah y-yeah I guess so.”

Suddenly Nako leans up and pecks your lips. Her action caught you off guard, your first love just kissed you. It really is a dream come true for you. The day that you thought will never come just happened.

___________________

"The song is simpy but it's sweet." -fleurs4vous

this book lowkey being an izone only oneshot book.