I Know I Love You

Tomorrow X Together ft. Seori - 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You)

Itzy's Ryujin

Trigger Warning!
Angsty/Sensitive material.
Suicide is mentioned.

----------

"KIM Y/N! KIM Y/N! KIM Y/N!"

Your name is still being chanted even after you've said goodbye. You sincerely care about your fans and all of their support towards you, but there is only one voice that counts right now, and that's the voice of the one who left you years ago.

You enter the green room and change into a set of comfortable tracksuits. Your stylists criticize your clothing choices, but you just can't be bothered to wear anything fancy after performing.

After changing, you take your time thanking some of the crew members before preparing yourself to leave the stadium.

Just as you're about to leave, one of the staff members stops you. "Y/N, you sure you don't want to join us?"

You remember there was supposed to be a staff party following the concert. Guilt suddenly surrounds you, feeling bad because you aren't exactly in the mood to have fun right now.

"I'm sorry but I think I'll pass tonight. Have fun," you say your goodbye and bow to him before walking to your car.

Despite having just returned from a world tour, you're left with a sense of hollowness. Unlike some idols, you don't feel like you've achieved anything after the performance.

This is the first time in a long time that you've felt this way. You're not sure what triggered this feeling again, but you do know she's a part of this feeling.

She was your one-in-a-million. Your motivation to become one of South Korea's top solo idols.

----------

Your eyes follow the streetlights as the car cruises along the road. The dark sky lit up by flashes of lightning, indicating that it will rain sooner or later.

The music that's playing on the radio doesn't appear to help you relax. You check your watch before deciding to just walk home since it's already close enough.

"Hyung, can you stop here?" You tell your manager to stop the car.

"Eh, why?"

"Need some fresh air. I'll walk home."

"Are you sure? It's already late."

"It's fine. I'll take care, don't worry."

The car slows down until it comes to a complete stop on the side of the road. Before you open the door, you grab your bag and sling it over your shoulder.

"Stay safe. Make sure you'll call me if anything happens," your manager reminds you.

"Okay, hyung. Good night."

The chilling fall breeze accompanies your walk home. With every step you take, regrets begin to fill your mind.

You come to the realization that despite having people around you and fans showering you with love, you always feel lonely.

At the end of the day, it's you alone and no one else. Nobody is by your side to tell you that you did a good job today, and there is no one for you to embrace.

You halt your step and turn to your left side.

Dark, cold water calling you from below. An endless abyss where you can end your agony with just a single leap.

"Should I just die?"

Your body moves closer to the edge and you rest your arms on the cold steel railing, contemplating whether or not to jump.

Your mind is just so cluttered with emotions and thoughts until…

"Y/N-ah…"

… a voice snaps you from it.

Your attention shifts to the voice, and there she is, your first love, standing with an umbrella in her hand. Looking as lovely as you can remember her.

"Ryujin-ah…"

All of the pent-up emotions that have been building up inside of you finally spill out. Your knees give out and you fall onto the hard concrete floor, bawling your eyes out.

Seeing you suddenly collapse in front of her makes her realize that you are still punishing yourself after breaking up with her.

Ryujin drops the umbrella and kneels in front of you, engulfing you in her warm embrace.

"I'm here… I'm here…"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's my fault!" You wailed. "I want you back, Ryujin-ah…"

You know she's the one for you and you regret losing her once. You were fine to die earlier. Even with everything, you feel like you're a loser.

You're love sick… and your cure is her.

"Y/N-ah calm down, babe…"

Ryujin is trying to hold her emotions from letting loose. She has always loved you despite her heart being broken by you once. You feel her hand on your back, rubbing you while her soft voice whispers soothing words that help to ease you.

"It's not your fault, Y/N… I understand…"

“I don’t want to lose you again. Please Ryujin…”

You want to tell her about your hardship again but you can’t sort out the words in your head. Your tears keep streaming down, wetting Ryujin’s shirt. Her hand never stops moving and keeps comforting you.

Eventually, your sobbing stops. You slowly pull away from her body and meets with her reddened eyes. Your hands cup her cheeks before wiping her tear stain with your thumb.

“I know I love you… I still love you…”

“I love you too Y/N… but you’re an idol we can’t-”

“I got everything, Ryujin. Fame, money… But none of that really makes me happy,” you confessed. “I’ll change… I’m sorry we broke up because of my dream. B-but… What I’m trying to say is… I want you to stay.”

Ryujin's tense face begins to soften. She grabs you by your collar and pulls you while she leans forward, capturing your lips with her’s. You feel your body went numb when she abruptly kiss you, but this is what you’ve been longing for.

She pulls away and smiles. Finally, the smile you've been wanting to see is back in your sights.

“Want to cuddle first? We’ll talk more in the morning,” she wipes your tears away.

“Yes please, I’d love that.”

Ryujin stands and brushes the dirt off her jeans. She extends her hand, waiting for you to take it. You smile and take her hand in yours before standing up. You two begin strolling back to your apartment. You know there's a lot to talk about with her, but you feel like this is enough for now.

You know she's the one for you, and you're willing to go to any length to ensure you never lose her again.

____________________

Part 2? Yes? No?