Before Anyone Else

Choi Yena - Before Anyone Else

Loona's Heejin

----------

Your hands feel empty as you leave the movie theater. A soft smile appears on your lips before putting your hands inside the pockets of your jeans.

It's not usually like this. She used to be there to hold your hand and keep you warm when you went on dates or simply walked home after picking her up from the subway station.

It was such a lovely moment. Some part of you were eased that it ended on a positive note. There were no fights or arguments. Simply because you and your partner have fallen out of love with each other. But did you?

You are walking home when you notice the light from a nearby bakery. Sweets and pastries sound like a good way to mend an aching heart.

You push the door open, making the bell on top of it ring. Your nose is pricked by the delicious aroma of bread. You walk around the bakery, checking out what kind of pastries you'll be getting tonight.

Your gaze is drawn to one of your favourites. Instead of bread, you're having a slice of strawberry cake. The last one on the display rack. You point to it and call one of the employees behind the counter.

"Can I have th-"

"Can I please get-"

A finger appears to the right of yours. You turn to face the individual on your side. There she is. Still as lovely as the day you last saw her. Jeon Heejin, your ex.

The two of you can't take your eyes away from each other. It's like seeing someone after being gone for a long time. Your heart thumps, it feels like the first time you laid eyes on her all over again.

Those eyes are still gleaming.

"Excuse me? Sir? Miss? I'm sorry but this is our last piece of the day" The employee's voice breaks the trance.

"Oh H-Heejin-ah... you can get it."

"Oppa? N-no! You can have it!"

"No, no. Can you pack it up? I'll pay for her," you tell the lady.

"Okay..." She smirks at you two before moving to pack the slice into a small box.

"Oppa you don't have to do that!" She says as she walks up the counter.

Heejin hands her card to the cashier, but you quickly cut in front of her arms to give the cashier lady your card.

"Please take my card, miss. Don't let this girl pay for it!"

"Oppa, It's not a competition! Sorry... he's always like this," Heejin hissed.

The cashier can't help but to smile at you two. "You got a sweet boyfriend over here. Better hold on to him tight."

Both of your brows furrow. Her words take you by surprise. True. You used to be her boyfriend. But not anymore.

"I'll just accept his card for you, okay miss?" The lady laughs as she takes your card and scans it on the payment machine.

----------

*Cling*

As you leave the store, the bell rings once more. Heejin has a visible pout on her face as she grabs your hand and pulls you along with her.

"Heejin? Where are we going?"

"To talk!"

She leads you through the streets, towards a nearby park. You take a look at your entwined hands. Her tiny fingers nestled perfectly between yours. The warmth you've been missing seems to have sparked once again.