"Shumai.." Kokichi almost whispered.

"Yes?" You answer.

"I-" Kokichi started but was cut off by someone.

"Am I interrupting something?" Miu asked, a little annoyed.

Kokichi jumped and pushed you away.

"No, Miu, you're not.." You say.

"Good because I need to test something with Ouma!" She said, grabbing Kokichi's arm and pulling him away.

"Wait what-Miu!" You followed Miu as she pulled Kokichi off to her lab.

She made Kokichi sit down at a table and hooked him up to a machine.

"What is that thing?" You asked.

"A lie detector! Since Ouma always lies, I thought I would make one! And now I have a reason to use it!" She said proudly but also a little smug.

"You know, just because Kokichi tells the truth now doesn't mean he will answer any-"

"That's why you'll ask them!"

"No thanks, Miu-"

"Just ask the questions! I'll tell 'em to you."

You look at Kokichi, who clearly doesn't want to do this, and sigh.
     You finish asking Kokichi all of Miu's questions, but before she unhooks him from the matchine you ask to say your own question.

"Alright fine, make it quick." She rolled her eyes.

"Ok.." You look at Kokichi and sigh. "Kokichi, why do you always lie..?"

He was silent, all the questions he had answered before came out as truths so that meant he have to tell the truth for this one.

"Do I have to answer this one..?" He asked.

You glance at Miu, who was looking at blueprints for something.

"No, I guess not.." You smile a little and help unhook Kokichi from the machine.

"Alright Miu, are we done here?" You ask.

"Yeah, yeah. You can go now." She said, not looking up from her blueprints.

You smile at Kokichi and walk out of Miu's lab with him following.

______________________________________

Word count:310