185

Edit: the note at the beginning

Based on the Wiki where New York is listed as Florida's friend but Florida is listed as New York's enemy

Tw: maladaptive daydreaming, self hatred

"Aren't you and Florida friends?" He stops, stepping closer at the sound of his name, "doesn't he annoy you?"

His heart sinks, waiting for the other's reply, "What? We aren't friends-" his eyes widen, it was New York speaking.

He's struggling to stay focused, wishing he could just go back to daydreaming and pretending he never heard this, did he really annoy New York?

"I don't know, I just thought uh y'know, maybe you guys were friends." He stops listening after this, giving up on trying to stay focused and moving on auto pilot to his room.

He locks the door when he gets in, sitting on the floor and pulling his knees to his chest. New York never seemed too angry with him in meetings, was he? He whimpers, burying his head in his arms, why did he think New York would be different? His family didn't like him, so why would New York?

He wouldn't.

He sobs, sound muffled by his arms, New York hates him. He hates himself too, he was annoying. Why was he blaming this on New York? There was nothing to like.

He's shaking now, torn between wanting to stay focused and wanting to lean into his daydreams.

He gives up eventually, letting his eyes slip shut while he thinks about a situation where New York does like him. It's selfish, but it helps.