S W E E T D R E A M S

Evelyn had been sceptic when Achilles had presented the idea of a dating app. But now, as she was sitting with Amelia in the cafe their publicists had chosen, every vibration of the phone in her bag made her fingers itch. She'd purposely put it on silent. The ZING tone of Appracadabra was too distinctive. If anybody heard that, they'd surely know what was going on. Or maybe she was just being paranoid. Nevertheless, better safe than sorry.

"You don't have to go on any actual dates

"You don't have to go on any actual dates. I use it for...well." Achilles paused. "Nevermind."

That was when she'd gotten really curious. But in the end she hadn't pestered him, instead relying on him to show her the ropes. His words, not hers.

The app's layout was rather simple; showing pictures and the beginnings of the bio on the homescreen, one's matches at the bottom and a little icon for the own profile in the top left corner. This was their first stop.

"You don't think I should use my real name, do you?"

"Not if you don't want a scandal. You're supposed to date Amelia right now, remember?"

"Right. So maybe..." Evelyn massaged her temples. "What about this?" She typed in her idea, showing him the screen. He raised a dark eyebrow at her, smirking. She hated it when he got on his high horse.

"Those are literally the first three letters of your name. They're gonna know."

"It's pronounced differently. And I'm not going to post actual pictures of myself. At least not ones that show my face. How would they know?"

Speaking of that, she quickly took a photo of the red roses on the table and selected it as her profile picture. Achilles sighed.

"Alright. Just don't blame me, if anything goes wrong."

"It was your idea though." She smirked. He rolled his eyes.

"Just do what feels right and keep going. I don't have all day."

"It's a friday morning. What could you possibly have to do." At his silence she inquired further. "Is it another date? Oh, is it from this app?"

"Not exactly."

"Curious and curiouser," she hummed. Achilles groaned.

"Can we just- I have to leave in half an hour. And I still need to get back to my apartment and-"

"And make yourself look pretty." Evelyn nodded. He flashed his fangs at her; she hissed right back. He rolled his eyes again and she stuck her tongue out at him in answer.

"But in all honesty, if you have somewhere to be, you can go. I should be able to do this by myself, it doesn't seem too hard."

Achilles stopped making silly faces at her. "You sure?" She nodded and he shrugged. "Alright. Just don't do anything stupid, Eve."