Chapter Twenty Five;Goodbyes

Nylah's Pov

I slowly open my eyes, taking a minute to wake up before sitting up. I realize Loki's gone and let out a small sigh of relief. Being that vulnerable with someone is something I've never done and will never do again. I'm never going to see him again and that's for the best. As all my thoughts return to me I step off of the black silk sheets and with a quick turn of my wrists new, but similar clothes appear on me.

I leave my room and take a quick few steps where I'm met with Loki's sleeping quarters. I slowly open one of the two double doors and peer into the empty room. I scan over the bed to see it empty with no sign anyone had been in it yet.

Did he already leave?

I leave his room and head down a hallway trying to find Gamora. Soon i'm faced with the green goddess herself walking through the halls.

"Gamora, did Loki leave yet?" I ask trying to hide the small disappointment in my voice.

"No, He's in there" she smile and points further down the hall.

"Ok, I'll be back" I smile before rushing to where she directed.

When I open the two doors I'm met with Loki sitting on the floor reading a book. His eyes immediately look up from his book and meet mine with a slight smile forming on his face.

"You're awake" he points out the obvious.

"That I am" I smile back walking deeper into the room lined with scrolls and publications "what are you reading?"

"Asgardian literature" he responds.

I simply nod and stop walking, now standing above him.

"I thought you had left" I say, voice lighter than usual.

"Of course not darling, not without a proper goodbye" he shuts the book setting it down on the ground and standing up.

Both of our bodies almost touching he lifts his hand to my face, hand cupping my cheek; a show of affection that I wasn't used to.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my eyes trained on his.

"I'm admiring you, darling" he smiles, thumb running slowly against my cheek.

The intense eye contact flustering me, something that's never happened before.

"Ok stop it" I laugh before turning away, disconnecting his hand from my face.

"Why?" He asks, lightheartedly but still curious for an answer.

"Because, just stop" I roll my eyes and turn back to my face.

"Ok" he smirks.

"Ok" I smile.

"Hey I finished the repairs on the ship-" gamora walked into the room and paused when she sees the look me and Loki had on our faces "am I interrupting something?"

"Of course not" I turn to face her and walk closer to her green body.

"What about the ship?" I ask, knowing she was about to tell me it was ready also meaning I'll be left to myself again.

"I've made the final repairs" smile still on her face.

Gamora starts walking out of the room, at which I follow and Loki does the same. All three of us trailing behind each other weaving through the golden hallways.

God I hated the gold color of this ship, it wasn't a pretty color rather mixed with a greenish tint and a sparkle that blinded you, in an awful way.