Chapter Thirty One;Strategize

She started walking back into the black towering building and instead of staying out here like I did last time I followed her in.

"Nylah!" I called out to her.

"What! What do you want Loki?" She turned back to look at me.

"Come on shouldn't we strategize or something?" I sigh.

"Strategize?" She scoffed.

"He did just declare war on us" I explain chuckling. 

"What us Loki? There is no us, there is me who has to deal with your mess" she starts walking up spiraling stairs and I continue to follow after her.

"You know we're more powerful together" I smirk.

"I don't need you Loki" she sighs.

"Just admit you could use my help" we reached the end of the stairs and started walking through hallways.

Two servants pulled double doors open and we walked into what I assumed was her room as the people shut the doors.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't kill you right now" she turns around finally looking at me.

"Because I saved your life" I scoffed.

"Mhm, why did you?" She crossed her arms.

"Hm?"

"Why'd you save me" she elaborates.

"Because I want your help" I play it off.

"That's the only reason?" she raises her eyebrows.

She takes steps closer to me and suddenly she was so close I could here her breathing.

"Yep" I stated sounding a little less confident then I intended.

"You don't like me, do you?" She laughs putting her hand on my chest.

"Why would you even say that" I laugh nervously.

"Because your heartbeat is increasing" she whispers.

She snakes her hand around my neck and pulls me in, her mouth dangerously close to my neck.

"I don't like you Nylah" I whisper.

"Good, cause that would be amazingly stupid of you Loki" she says, backing up again.

"Why did you give him the scepter, you could've just let him kill me, why didn't you?" She questions.

"Like I've already said, you're a good person to keep around" I say, all emotion in my voice fading.

"Stop with the bullshit" she laughs.

"Ok, if you're so sure it's not that then what do you think it is?" I yell in frustration.

"I don't know Loki, but I can tell you're lying" her jaw clenches.

"Fine! You want the truth? I wanted to be the one to kill you!" I scream hoping she'd be better with that than digging deeper.

To be completely honest I don't know why I sacrificed the scepter to save her. All I know is I don't want her to die, gods knows why.