Chapter 3: Vox Machina

Allura walked up to the gate. She didn't have to ring the bell before the guard let her through.

"Lady Allura, what do we owe the pleasure?" The first guard asked.

"I had a request for Vox Machina. I do hope they're home."

"Yes Ma'am, follow me."

The iron gates were opened upon request. Allura walked right through. Jessica went to follow behind when the guards stopped her.

"No unwanted guests welcomed here Miss, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave."

Allura turned and looked at the guards. "Jessica is her name. And she's with me."

"But-" He tried to protest, "Vax and Percy, they have specific instructions."

Allura looked the guard, calmly, so eerily calm. "Jarett. Listen, and listen carefully. Jessica is accompanying me. She is unarmed and certainly not dangerous. Let her pass so that she may enter and meet the people inside."

Jarett and Allura held gazes for a few moments before he gave a nod. "Go on through."

Jessica quickly caught up to Allura. "Thank you."

She gave a smile and knocked on the door. A few minutes went buy in silence before Jessica and Allura heard any shuffling around. A halfling who had to be around 100 or so years old answered the door.

"Yes. Ah Lady Allura what a surprise."

Allura smiled. "Are they home?"

Erwen nodded. "Come in, come in. They're just through here."

Both of the girls were escorted through the foyer which was beautiful in and of itself a few hallways, some twists and turns until they arrived in a living area. There sitting among a fire was the same group of people that Jessica had met before. Three half-elves, two gnomes, a Goliath, a dragon born, and the white haired human.

Erwen cleared his throat and the party looked over.

One of the woman half-elves looked over. "I see we have company. Thank you Erwen."

The halfling nodded and took his leave.

Allura looked over and smiled. "Vex'ahlia, always a pleasure."

Vex'ahlia smiled. "Allura I hope you're here to welcome us into the keep."

"Amongst other thing, yes." She smiled kindly.

"What do you mean-?"

"JESSICA!" Scanlan beamed and shot up from where he was sitting. "What brings you here?!? Let me show you around! And then maybe we can get drinks and talk about us-"

Jessica now realized that ever single pair of eyes were on her. "I...well...uh..."

Vax quickly took action. "Scanlan. I told you last night to leave the poor girl alone." Vax came up between the two of them. "I'm sorry about that. He tends to get overly excited. Come sit, sit, would you like some tea?"

Vax had ushered Jessica to a chair closest to the fire as she caught her breath. "Tea would be lovely, thank you."

Vax had called for their cook, Laina, for some tea. Once tea was served and everyone seemed to relax, did

Jessica look around taking each of the people in. Vax had introduced each of them in turn. The Goliath was Grog, the gnomes Scanlan, of course, and Pike. Keyleth was one of the half-elves and Vex'ahlia was Vax'ildan's twin sister. They had a very friendly but also deadly bear Trinket. The dragon born was Tiberius.