Chapter 4: Greyskull Keep

Jessica had no sooner settled down on the bed, which to be honest, was quite comfortable, was there a knock on the door.

"Come in." Jessica sat up.

Scanlan smiled and bounced right in. "Are you settling in alright?"

Jessica gave a small smile and a nod. "Yes I am."

Scanlan came over, "May I?" He waited for a few minutes, hopefully, and when Jessica gave a nod, he climbed on the bed and sat down next to her.

Jessica sat with her hands folded in her lap. "Thank you, for sticking up on my behalf. I know that I'm burdening you and the party. That if combat arises that I am a sitting duck. I'm using up supplies and resources."

Scanlan shook his head. "Dont you worry your pretty little head. The girls are on board with it. Vax will come around. He's just always been the more serious one of the lot. Tiberius is in love with Allura so he's going to go along with whatever she asks. Percy doesn't like anyone, so don't take anything he does personally."

"Odd, Percy was rather nice to me." Jess gave a smile, more to herself than anything.

"Eh. That's his honeymoon phase. Just wait til tomorrow when he's up early. He'll be grumpy."

"Well I'm not exactly a morning person either." Jessica glanced at him.

"Good to know." Scanlan nodded. "Anyway, I wanted to know if you'd like a tour of Greyskull keep?"

Jessica looked at him. "You know what, yeah, I'd love a tour of the keep."

"Wonderful!" Scanlan bounced up, and reached out his hand to Jessica who took it. They headed up into the hall. Scanlan took the time to point out everyone's bedroom, and how luck Jessica was to be closest to him, if she should need anything. She got to go into the library and dining area, through the foyer and down to the basement. Past the cell and into a large, hot, work area.

"This is our last stop before we head out to the stables."

"It's so warm in here." Jessica loosened the top button of her dress.

"Scanlan, I thought I told you not to come down here." Percy rounded the corner. "Oh I'm sorry Jessica, I didn't see you."

Scanlan crossed his arms. "I was giving Jessica a tour of the keep."

Jessica tried to not look Percy up and down. His jacket was off, sleeves rolled up. He wore a big leather apron and matching gloves. He pushed a pair of goggles up into his hair. The rest of his face was coveted in soot. She shook the images quickly out of her head. If Percy was truly from the de Rolo family, well, he'd end up hating her in the end.

"I can show Jessica around my, workshop, Scanlan. I'll take her up when we're done."

"Oh come on!" Scanlan threw his hands up.

"Go on, go pine after Pike. Then ask Laina about a picnic lunch. It's a nice enough day out, everyone would agree to dine on the property."

With an obscenity of Scanlan's middle finger, he bounded up the stairs.

Percy gave a sigh. "Sometimes I wonder about him." He gave a shake of his head and turned to Jessica. "I'm sorry you're having to deal with him. But you could've said no."

Jessica shrugged. "It was better than sitting in a room."

Percy gave a quick smirk. "Fair enough. Come In, come in. Settle down make yourself comfortable." He ushered Jessica to a large round table in the center of the room. She sat at one end, while Percy sat at the other. He had several things strewn around him in a haphazard dissary. But yet he seemed to know exactly where he laid things.