Chapter 5: Voyage to Kraghammer

"You know?" Vax was leaning on the wall. "Doors knock. No on knows you're there if you don't knock."

"Shut. Up." Percy was clearly annoyed and mad at himself.

"Why? Pondering what would've happened if you did knock?"

"I said. Shut up." They decended the stairs that led to Percy's workshop.

"You could be having sex right about now, but no. You decided to be the coward."

"I DECIDED," Percy had begun to raise his voice, "to be the gentleman."

"Uh huh." They had walked into the workshop.

"What the hell?!?" Percy noticed everyone sitting at his work table. "You all know I dont like people down here!"

"Welll...we didn't think you would be down here." Keyleth smiled sheepishly.

"Well where did you think...wait ALL of you thought I'd...no. I'm The Lord of Whitestone. I am nothing if not a gentleman."

"That settles it then." Scanlan popped up. "I think I'll go check on Jessica and see if she needs any company." He hopped down from the chair and sauntered over to the stairs. As he placed his foot on the first one he heard Percy in and even, calm, voice. Which made it the scarier.

"You take one step towards that room." Percy didn't even turn. "And I'll  put a bullet in your ass, so deep, Pike won't be able to dig it out of you."

"I mean, I'll have the gold to go remove it." Scanlan shrugged. "I did win the bet after all."

"Bet?" Percy looked confused. Vex and Vax glared at him. Pike laid her head on the table. And Keyleth facepalmed into her hand.

"The bet where you'd and Jessica would...you know...and look. I won. Well maybe Vax did too. I think we both bet against you."

Percy looked to them all. "All of you bet."

"Well..." Pike was red in the face. "You're usually so...private."

"That when you actually found someone who...likes you like that..." Keyleth tried to help.

"We all just want to see you happy." Vex sighed. "That's all. Doesn't matter with who, or wherever. It's just nice to see you come out of your shell for once."

"Out." Percy took a deep breath and pointed towards the stairs. "Everyone out."

"Percy..." Keyleth leaned up.

"Please. Out. Now." He was rubbing his temples, eyes closed. Slowly but surely, one by one did Percy hear nearly everyone leave, everyone but Vax.

"Vax'ildan." Percy looked up. "What is it?"

"I am sorry. It was all harmless fun."

"Just please go." Percy turned his back to Vax, taking his coat off, and putting his apron on. Vax sighed and took his leave.

When Jessica awoke next morning, light was barely shining through the windows. She had awoken to a knock on her door.

"Come in."

Erwen entered. Jessica leaned up rubbing her eyes. "Yes?"

"Lady Allura is here to see you Miss. She sent this up as well."

Now that Jessica's eyes had focused, she saw that Erwen held a large wrapped bundle.

"Set it on the desk please."

Erwen did as told and took his leave. Jessica sat at the edge of the bed, forcing her to get up and face the day. She was still relling about the previous night, looking at the door. If Percy would have knocked...if she would've gone to him. Would've he even had her? Or would've The Lord of Whitestone dismissed her directly outright. It made her head hurt thinking about it. She rubbed her temples and stood up, getting a shock of the cold floor. Jessica got up and made her way over to the wrapped package. She lifted up the note that was attached to the string.