Chapter 2; Golden Eyes

Tears pricked my eyes, a strong scent of riot; vile filled my throat. My hands shook from fear and cold. "You.." I turn my head slightly, the beast was now looking me in the eyes. My hand tighten around the blade, this wasn't the first time I'd come into contact with a demon but I was cornered this time. In the time it took to run away, I'd already be tackled down. I pulled the blade out and hardened my glare at the monster. I held my tongue, not allowing this thing any pleasure in my fears or pleads. "Oh, are you a slayer?" Its words seemed garbled, almost inconceivable. It grabbed my sword, I froze. "Not very... strong." Panic filled my mind, my arm moved without my permission. I ripped the sword from his grasp and slashed at its chest. It growled and lunged at me, I go to dodge but my feet get trapped in the snow causing me to fall on my side. I turn my head and it grabs my throat, I gasp and reach for the sword I dropped. It raised its claw and flashes of my demon father doing the same. My scars started to throb. I strain my arm finally grabbing the handle. As it swings for my face I stab through it's throat. It stopped, it's hand going limp. It's sword went through the base of its neck to the bottom back of the skull. I pushed the body from me and stand up yanking my sword from them. The body twitched a little, it moved more then I body resting should. I quickly made my escape, my feet trudged as fast as they could.

I entered the inn and quickly made it to my room, I looked at myself in the small mirror in the room and sighed. My throat was starting to bruise and blood sat on the front of my outfit. I strip and look at my kimono and the haori, the kimono had blood but the haori was absent of any blood; luckily. Open my bag and look over the clothing had had as spares. I slip on a new outfit that would be more comfortable to sleep in and lay my head on the pillow. I snuggled close into the covers and had his sword directly beside me to feel safer. After a few minutes listening to my mind run on with today's events, slow exhaustion over takes my body and I drift into sleep.

I stood in the snow, but the cold air never hit me. I was strangely warm, the snow around my feet turn red and spread out rapidly. Until it was all I could see, I low moan came from behind me, I tensed up and slowly turned to face the sound. A man holding his head on his next smiled at me, my eye started to sting. I reach up and hold it. The monster reached out to the hand holding my eye and smiled wickedly. I felt this strong sense of dread. I couldn't move, my body would not obey my thoughts. His hand tightened on my, my bones starting to break the more force he applied. I screamed in my mind, the pain was unbearable. He only smiled at me. His head rested in the palm of his over hand, "So Strong... but you'll break soon." His voice hoarse and sinister.

I woke up with a start, my body hunched over, my breathing untamed and heavy. My teeth gritted as I held onto my eye, my hair curtained my face in black. I slowly calmed myself and looked around the small room. Sun came through the window, it was a nice warm glow. I pulled the covers from my body. I stood, walking to my things. I dressed myself and picked my sword up. The dream and the previous nights events leaving me in a lingering wariness, I rubbed my face and pulled my hair back into a high ponytail, my bangs still perfectly parted over my damaged eye. Over time my eye slowly gained a few blind spots from the incident, I pretty sure I'll go blind completely on that side when I hit 20. I left the room and sighed. Slowly I made my way to the market and to the nice old couple.

I greeted the old couple and took my station, my back against a pole and my eyes lazily scanning the small amount of patrons roaming the market this early.
As the day continued a man with long black hair and yellow eyes, something about this man unnerved me. My eyes watched him closely, every slight move was noted. I watched as he pasted a table and a small bear figure disappearing from the display table. I stood straight and walked to him and grab his shoulder. "Sir, please place the bear down if you have no intention of buying it." I spoke quietly, trying not to cause a scene if not needed. He turned to me, a smile plastered on his face. He removes the bear from his large sleeves, I merely glare.
"You are quite good, I'm surprised you picked up on it." He placed it down on the table, I didn't say anything. He towered over me, suddenly this overwhelming suffocating feeling pressed on my chest. "But you lack any true power. Yet you care that sword, who taught you?" This pressure resided with the final words he spoke. I turned from the man.
"I'm on duty, I don't have time for senseless questioning." I spat out and walk back to the pole. I felt his eyes linger on me the whole time.