Chapter 6; Night Time

I sat meditating in the field, I was trying so hard to tap into this sense. Hironaka kept bothering me about it, but I was also getting anxious. 'Find what drives your spirit,' his words were on repeat in my head. "What drives me..." I open my eye and sigh, I glance up at the star-filled sky. "What does drive me?" That's when my mother's bloody face flashes in my head, 'be-be strong... my l-little— f-flower...' I frown and look down at my hands. "Satoshi... why am I remembering all my pain... Dad, please I don't want to remember this. My real father killed my family, but if I'm being honest; I think a part of me died there too." I place a hand over my damaged eye. "I don't know what my purpose is. Demons are the scum." I growl out, this tightness filling my chest.

I pause, my brain starting to remember that voice that I hadn't heard my whole time training. "I had completely forgotten about that... how could I have forgotten such an important thing!" I lay back in the grass, my eye studying the glistening diamonds in the sky. I listen to the rustling leaves of the plants around me, then the scent of rain. "I should head back inside." I sit up looking across the field, I watched these dark clouds rolling into the area. "Looks like a doozy." I stand patting the dirt off my clothes. As my head was tilted down this heaviness hits my body, it was suffocating. I slowly move my head up and look around myself. My eye met a black figure standing 20 feet from me, but with the menacing aura, it also held a familiarity to it. I was drawn to it, I wanted to know what it was. I step towards it, my eye never leaving it.

I followed it further and further from the mansion, further from Hironaka. No words left my mouth, my thoughts were fuzzy. I felt the cool rain starting to hit my skin, but I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. My heartfelt light as my feet slides through the wet blades of grass. Something about this was drawing me in like a string was pulling me along. But then it disappears, I stood in the field confused. My senses slowly return to me, I begin to shiver and walk back to the manor.

When I stepped inside my hair was stuck to my face and neck. My clothing was soaked and was weighing me down, every step was leaving a trail of water. "What the hell? Why were you still outside? It's pouring." Hironaka scolds grabbing my shoulders, "and I don't want you getting everything wet so I'll get you clothes. Don't. Move." He leaves me standing in the hall, the earlier incident completely leaving my mind. As if it never even happened. He returned soon after with clean clothes, they seem to be his. "Here, just wear this. I was looking through your room but none of your clothes looked nice."
"Well that's rather rude." I snatch the clothes from him, "I think my clothes work just fine." Once I felt the material I was jealous, it was so smooth and soft, like silk. But I didn't show this.
"Would you rather me lie to you? I didn't say they weren't decent but sometimes it's nice to dress up." He shrugs, starting to walk off. "Now get changed, leave your clothes in the usual spot."

Rolling my eyes I disrobe and change me clothing right there in the hall. His fancy robe was so incredibly comfortable, it was warming my body quite quickly. The fabric draped over my smaller stature in a way that made me feel like a child again. I carried my drenched clothing into the small washroom, I then paused. 'Does he do my clothes?' I never really thought about this, I've never seen any helpers... in fact it's only been us. When we weren't training he was locked away in his study doing god knows what. When does he have time for this? When does this man sleep?

I walked up the stairs holding the front up so I wouldn't trip, I creep my way to the door I've never tried to open, not because I wasn't allowed but because I never had a desire. I pulled open the door and was met with Hironaka sitting at his desk writing something. "Hey, I have a question." I walk in standing infront of his desk, he sighs and looks up.
"And that is?" He turns his full attention to me, straightening his back slightly.
"Do you still have a title?"
"Yes, I do. Is that all?" He sighs looking back down.
"Then where are your servants? I thought all high rich folk had them?" I lean down placing my hands on the pretty wooden desk.
"I do at my main estate. I would rather train you here so I'm running it remotely." His voice was nonchalant, his hand once again writing on the paper.
"Why not? You embarrassed of me?~" I tease standing up smirking a little.
"No, it's just easier here, no one can easily barge in and cause me problems."
"Oh."