Beauty Sleep

I've put a good amount of planning into this... so let's hope it actually goes well lmao. I do have other stories if anyone's interested, I recommend going to check out my profile if you like this book, I post a lot of content!!!

remember not to post your weight in the comments!!

art belongs to me :)

TW: eating disorder, negative thoughts

George's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes slowly, vision coming into focus a moment later. I stared up at the blank ceiling, sighing softly. Reaching over to the nightstand, I grabbed my phone, unlocking it and checking the texts that I had missed.

Dream: where are you?

Dream: George?

Dream: Geoooorrrrrggggggeeeeee

Dream: alright we're streaming without you then

I frowned, checking the time. My eyes widened at the small numbers. 10:42 PM. I was supposed to stream with Dream, Sapnap, and Bad at 8... and I had fallen asleep. Again.

Groaning, I got out of bed, heading to the bathroom. My hair was messy and I looked like I had just risen from the dead. Grimacing, I quickly stepped into the shower, feeling more awake by the minute.

Maybe if I'm fast enough I can join the stream.

The good thing about short hair is that it dries quickly. After I got out of the shower, I got dressed, putting on my merch hoodie and a pair of jeans. I barely even glanced at my reflection, hurrying to my computer and putting my headset on. Dream, Sap, and Bad were all on a Teamspeak call, and I joined in, mumbling a "hello."

"GEORGE!" Dream yelled, making me wince at the volume. "Where have you been? We missed you!"

"Well, I didn't," Sapnap retorted, and I could almost visualize his smug grin.

"That's not nice! It's okay, I missed you, George," Bad added. I smiled softly, chuckling.

"Yeah, sorry. I fell asleep," I shrugged. "But I'm here now, and I can join the game in a minute..."

"Oh, George..." Bad sounded sympathetic. "We were just about to end the stream, actually." I felt my heart drop. I closed the Minecraft launcher, sighing.

"Aw, Gogy just needed his beauty sleep!" Sapnap teased. "But yeah, you missed it."

"Hey, um- oh, thanks for the donation, and hi Mary!" Dream paused for a moment. "Ah... sorry, George. But hey, there's always next time, maybe we should pick a better time for you..." The younger man cleared his throat, wrapping up his stream and saying goodbye to his viewers.

"Bye!"

"Bye!"

"Bye..."

"Um, I have to go... see you muffins later!" Bad exclaimed, leaving the call moments later.

"Yeah, I gotta go too. You two have fun... together." Sapnap left the call as well, leaving me with Dream.

"Um..."

"Hey, why don't you join the server? If you're not busy?" Dream suggested. I smiled softly, opening the launcher again and starting up Minecraft.

"Yeah, I'll be right on. I'm not busy," I agreed.

"Alright!" He was definitely smiling, I could hear it in his voice. "But, George... you know you could've told us if the time wasn't good for you, we would've found a way to make it work." The relaxed atmosphere had quickly become more serious. I squirmed in my seat, glancing to the side. We couldn't see each other, but I still didn't want to look.

"Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep..."

"You know you can talk to me, right? About anything," Dream's voice was deadly serious, and I was even more on edge.

He couldn't possibly know... could he?

I shook the thought from my head, logging onto the server. I looked around, face to face with Dream's Minecraft skin. He hit me once, backing away and running.

"Dream! Hey, no fair..."

~

We played Minecraft for a while, talking and laughing over Teamspeak, just the two of us. It had been nearly four hours when Dream yawned, smacking his lips loudly.

"You know, it's getting late, and I'm tired... I think I'll go to bed for tonight. Talk tomorrow?" He wondered. I glanced at the clock. 2:27 AM.

"Yeah, tomorrow," I agreed, mildly disappointed that he had to go. It wasn't quite as late for Dream, in Florida it was only 9:30 PM, but we had tried to sync up our sleeping schedules so we could talk more. I would go to bed late, and he would wake up early. With the time zone difference, we usually ended up being pretty in sync.

"Okay. Goodnight, George."

"Goodnight, Dream."

The call ended, and Dream left the server a moment later. I sighed, alone again. There was no reason for me to stay in the server by myself, and I quickly logged off as well, taking my headset off and leaning back with a sigh. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply for a few moments before my stomach growled angrily, insisting on being fed.

I frowned, hesitating for a moment before standing up slowly, holding onto my chair as I got lightheaded and dizzy. Once it had passed, I glanced to the kitchen, frowning. I hadn't eaten yet today, and I didn't really feel like eating now...

I headed to the bathroom instead, standing still as I stared at my reflection.

I could stand to lose some more weight. I'm not even that hungry.

My stomach growled again, interrupting my thoughts- and completely contradicting what I was trying to convince myself of.

"Shut up, stomach," I mumbled, glaring at my reflection.

I don't need to eat. I did that yesterday. I'm not even that hungry anyways.

I closed my eyes, sighing. Now, I had a choice. I could weigh myself, and deal with the consequences of the number... or I could go to bed, and think about it all night. I opened my eyes, grimacing as I hesitantly stepped onto the scale.

59.6 kgs (127 lbs)

Yep. Mistake. I should've just gone to bed...

Sooooooo... what do you think?