✞ 8 ✞ Cheerleading

It's Monday

It's Monday. I hate Monday. After I woke up this morning with a headache, Huerita drove me to school and then went to work. Now I'm sitting here in history class, trying not to fall asleep.

After a few hours it was finally lunch break and I sat in the cafeteria in my place by the window. As I tried to eat my lunch, I saw someone in the corner of my eye who I actually didn't want to see. Jake.

He came to my table and sat down opposite me in the square. I continued to eat my lunch and concentrated entirely on my food. Why is he sitting here? After a few moments, I found his presence uncomfortable. I looked up straight into his face.

"What are you doing here?" I said, visibly annoyed. He looked at me for a moment and then said, "Hey Y/n, it's nice to see you too. I know I've made a lot of mistakes and I-." He looked down at his hands with concentration. What the hell? Was that an excuse? If so, it wasn't a good one.

I looked at his hands, which he was staring at nervously, and then back at his face. "What do you want to tell me?" I asked and put another noodle in my mouth.

"I- I just wanna say sorry 'bout everything that happens." he said and looked me in the eye. The noodle almost fell out of my mouth. "So much shit has happened in my family lately and I was just kind of pissed off. I shouldn't have kissed this girl and I'm sorry." he said with his cute puppy eyes. Awww. Concentrate.

"Uhmm," I said, "your apology means a lot to me, Jake." I formed a tired smile. He gave me a smile back. "What happened?" I asked. "Uhmm. I mean in your family." I continued. "My parents are stressed. It's nothing, but it pissed me off." he said.

"I understand. I'll be here when you need me." I smiled at him and slowly packed my stuff into my school bag. "There really is something you could help me with." he started. "You used to be a cheerleader and for the next big football game we really need someone to cheer us on. The cheerleaders are understaffed and you are great."

"Why isn't Chloe asking me that?" I asked him. Chloe is the cheerleader's captain and I don't like her and she doesn't like me either. I just didn't enjoy cheerleading anymore and that's why I stopped.

Jake shrugged. "Ok I will think about it. " I said and Jake's face lit up. "Cool." he said and I got up. "I have to go to my next class." I said and nodded to him goodbye. He nodded to me and I went to my next class.

Has he just apologized to me now to ask if I want to cheerlead again? What. A lot had happened at his home. He is not to blame. My thoughts were racing. I could hardly concentrate. I hope this class ends quickly.

-

School was soon over for today. I packed up my things and left school. Before I could get to the exit from school, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I slowly turned to face the person. Chloe. I made an annoyed noise. "Hola Y/n. I heard from Jake that you were back in the cheerleader team?" she said. "Yeahh." I said, staring at her. "Fantastic. See you in half an hour." said Chloe and I looked at her questioningly. "The workout." she continued. I didn't miss that. I nodded to her and walked out the door.

I sat on a bench outside the school and stared at my phone. Cesar ran past me and stopped when he saw me. "Hey Y/n, watcha doing?" he asked me as he hugged me briefly. I took a deep breath and looked up at him, "I wait until the cheerleader training starts."

He stared at me and said, "Oh, you're back on the team? That's cool." I nodded to him. "Yeah, hey I don't want to stop you. Go home." I smiled. "Okey." he said with a smile and said goodbye.

After a while I went to the cheerleading training and I can say that it was sheer torture. The stuff was exhausting as fuck. I knew most of the cheerleaders from the past, but many of them were new. I went out of the gym. It was already dark. I hate walking home. I threw my backpack over my shoulders and started walking. "Hola." said a voice and I almost had a heart attack.

There was a car near me. It was dark, but I could see the person. Oscar.

"Jump in, I'll drive you

"Jump in, I'll drive you." he said. Hell yeaahh. I didn't even question that. It was fucking scary out here.

I sat in the passenger seat and put my school bag on my lap. "How did you know I was here?" I asked him and he looked at me. Damn, why does he always look me straight in the eye. This shit is scary.

"Cesar." he said and took a drag on his joint. He started the car and drove off. "Do you want to drive while you smoke?" I asked him. He chuckled and handed me the joint. "Sorry." he said sarcastically. I took the joint and took a drag. "Cheerleader huh?" he said and I nodded and made a "Mhh."

"That shit is sexy." he laughed. "Oscar." I laughed and shook my head. He smiled and drove me home.

After a while, I thanked Oscar for the ride and went into the house. My thoughts were so mixed up and I don't know what to think of Jake. I talked to my mum about the cheerleading team and then went to bed very early. I texted with Huerita and Jake for a while until I soon fell asleep.

 I texted with Huerita and Jake for a while until I soon fell asleep