3. Loser

Bagram, Afghanistan

We had arrived at the Bagram Air Base here for Tony's presentation. It was a new weapon that Stark Industries had come up with, the Jericho missile. We were all out in our military uniform, the camouflage, the hats, sunglasses also because the sun was beaming.

We all stood in line with our hands behind our backs facing Tony. My eyes were on the floor as me and Tony haven't spoken after what happened last night. Or I haven't spoken to him.

We've been friends for nearly two years and now of all times, we hooked up? I mean you can't deny there is sexual tension between us but that was made our friendship so special. However, now that I've acted on it it will never be the same. Don't get me wrong, I have thought about potentially being in a relationship with Tony but with his lifestyle, it will never work.

"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both? With that in mind, I humbly present the crown jewel of Stark Industries' Freedom Line. It's the first missile system to incorporate our proprietary repulsor technology. They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it. That's how America does it. And it's worked out pretty well so far. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee you the bad guys won't even want to come out of their caves."

The machinery next to us began to move. A launching device containing beige-colored rockets with the Stark Industries logo on it began to pivot and point towards a group of mountains in the far distance. A ball with what looked like a camera in the middle of it moved to face the mountain range also. The fire started blasting out from the bottom of the rockets indicating that they were ready for take-off.

One rocket was launched into the sky. While it was soaring it began to deconstruct, small pieces flew off from the outside releasing smaller missiles that all spread out and continued to follow the direction of the big one.

"For your consideration, the Jericho," Stark finished as the missiles all landed and exploded behind him. He slowly raised his arms as the impact of the blast created bags of dust that started coming towards his back and our faces. The impact blew our hats off and pushed Tony forwards. My sunglasses were ripped from my face and blown somewhere I couldn't see them.

Tony adjusted his tux and walked up to the cooler box with his logo on it. He opened it up revealing glasses of alcohol, Of course. "I'll be throwing one of these in with every purchase of 500 million or more."

"To peace!" He toasted to himself before walking towards the truck.

I peered my head over the cooler box looking at the bottles of whiskey and fancy glasses they contained. I almost gagged at the sight of them knowing how wasted I got last night. I felt a hand on my shoulder which startled me. I turned around to see Rhodes standing beside me with a concerned look on his face.

"You aren't seriously thinking about having one of those are you?" he asked.

"After last night? Hell no," I affirmed, "I've got a raging hangover too, so I don't think I'll be drinking for a while."

"What happened with you and Tony?" he asked me looking me dead into my eyes like he knew something. Shit. If I had those sunglasses still on my face I'd be able to lie without directly looking into his eyes.

"With...me and Tony? Nothing." I brushed off quickly. I stuttered a little so that probably gave away that I wasn't telling him the whole truth.

Rhodey looked unconvinced. "So you dance on a stripper pole, disappear with Tony Stark for three hours, and then all of a sudden you're not talking to him."