four: everyone loves peter

Peter just stared at the two strangers as Tony exited the lab. He knew that Tony didn't truly leave him alone, FRIDAY was always watching as well as Peter's own AI KAREN. But the two newcomers made Peter's spider senses go on high alert, practically screaming danger at him, especially the woman.

"So," the man, Barry, starts, "you're his kid?" he asked, flashing Peter an awkward smile. At the mention of Tony calling him his kid, Peter flushes lightly.

"Not in the way you think," he mumbles, feeling his blush reach the tip of his ears. "He's my mentor."

"Mentor for what, if you don't mind me asking?" Kara asks.

"Well," Peter starts, motioning with his hands around the lab, "as you can see, Mr. Stark is an inventor. I also am an inventor, I love science and all that. I won a draw in being his intern, but it developed much more than that. Mr. Stark lets me help him with his projects, and lets me do projects of my own in his lab."

The part of the intern draw was a big fat lie, but Peter couldn't tell them that Tony had found out he had a double life as a vigilante in New York, parading the streets in spider themed pajamas. And then proceeded to make him even better spider themed pajamas and take him to Germany to fight national hero Captain America.

(Which Tony apologized profusely for. He knew gaslighting a kid into fighting in Germany was wrong, especially since the kid was a minor and could've gotten seriously injured. Peter had forgiven him, and Tony gad gifted him even better spider themed pajamas and gadgets.)

"Do you help him with his robot shtick?" Barry asks, which causes Kara to look at him in alarm. "Barry! You don't just ask a kid that!"

"Hey! Don't blame me! He doesn't exactly hide the fact that he parades in a metal suit!" Barry responds, raising his hands in defense. "The kid probably helps him out!"

"Probably, but what if he didn't want us to know. Seriously, Barry," Kara mutters, pinching the bridge of her nose in exasperation.

Peter chuckles a little bit at that, causing both Barry and Kara to look at him. He clears his throat, blush thankfully having gone down. "You mean his career as Iron Man?"

"His career, is that what we're calling it?"

"We're really not ones to talk, Barry."

That piques Peter's attention. He walks a bit closer to the duo, who look at him questioningly. "What do you mean by that?"

Barry and Kara look at each other after that, seemingly communicating with their gazes. Before Peter can repeat himself, they turn to look at him. It is Barry who breaks the silence.

"I don't think your dad would want you to get involved in this."

"My dad? Wait, Mr. Stark isn't my dad!"

Before anyone could respond to Peter's outburst, Tony walks in. "What is this about me being a dad?"

"You mean to tell me this isn't your kid?" Barry asks, motioning at Peter. Tony looks at him then at Barry, then back at Peter. It seems he's contemplating something. He then shakes his head.

"I know he's got good looks, but I'm not the only handsome man in the planet. But hey, kid, do you think we're distantly related?"

Peter, not knowing how to respond to that, only splutters and blushes, causing Kara and Barry to coo at him.

"Aw, look at him!"

"Stop!" Peter exclaims. He would like to think that he was demanding, but it probably came out like a whine. Tony chuckles at him, walking to his side and ruffling his hair. Peter does whine at this, slapping his hand's away. "Mr. Stark! You're not making things better!"

"Alright, alright. We're leaving the kid alone."

Tony turns to look at Barry, who was now wandering through the lab, hand hovering above things as if wanting to touch but knowing better than that. He then turns to look at Kara, who had not moved from her spot. Kara was just looking at Tony, arms crossed.

Peter just stares, his spider sense going even more crazy when an orange portal opens from a corner of the lab. Barry and Kara jump in surprise, the former seemingly speeding to the latter's side, both taking defensive stances. Peter also tenses, but not because of the portal itself, but because of who will come out of it. The only one seemingly unaffected is Tony, who just rolls his eyes and mumbles something along the lines of "fucking magic."

"I should have known this anomaly had to do with you, Stark," the figure stepping out of the portal says. Peter can see Tony roll his eyes again then plaster on a fake smile.

"I'm just that important. You should know this by now, Stephen."

Stephen, better known as Doctor Strange, just raises a brow as closes the portal behind him. He turns to look at Barry and Kara, who are still not out of their defensive stances, then back at Tony, who shrugs. "They don't belong here."

"Don't I know it," Tony mutters before clearing his throat. "Well, I invited them to my tower, so they do indeed belong here," he says in a normal voice, doing a 'what can you do' motion with his hands.

Stephen doesn't look convinced. "Right."

"Are we just going to ignore that this man seemingly opened the portal in the middle of this lab or are we going to talk about it? I vote for let's talk about it, cause what the f–"

"Barry," Kara says, stopping Barry mid swear. She turns to look at Peter. "There's children present."

Peter blinks, stunned. He then hears Tony snicker and regains all thought again. "Hey! I'm not a kid!"

"Yes you are," Stephen and Tony say in sync. That gains Tony a glare from Peter, who tries not to stomp his foot and pout in frustration.

"Anyways, can we talk about the magic portal?"

Stephen looks at Kara and frowns. "We're doing more than talk about the magic portal, if we're going to talk about it at all." A pause. "Why are you two here?"

Kara and Barry both open their mouths to speak, but Tony cuts them off. "This is a story better told sitting down and with some refreshments. Not in my precious lab. Let's head to the living room. Underoos, bring us some pizza, will you?"

All Peter can do is nod as Tony, Stephen, Kara and Barry exit the lab. As soon as he's sure they've all left, he quickly dresses in his spider suit and walks towards the window. Without a word, a panel slides open and Peter gracefully climbs out, on his way to get pizza.

Tony didn't say how exactly he wanted the pizza delivered, so Peter was taking advantage.

——
omfg hi?? it's been a whole ass year and a half since ive updated this fic and i sincerely apologize. life has gotten hectic and i haven't been in a writing mood. but, if you follow me, you would see that i recently got back into it because of house of the dragon lmao. check out my two fics, 'bones' and 'anti-hero' if you want, i'd appreciate the support <3

tell me what you think? i'll try to update soon, i promise!
-jackie