one

OUT OF THE SIX founding families of Gotham, only three remained through Katherine Kane, Bruce Wayne and Morana Nightingale. All three of them were quite rich, accumulated from the beginning of Gotham, contributing to the advances in modern day Gotham.

Morana Nightingale had lived on earth for longer than she could remember. She had many names throughout the ages. For the last few years, she had resurfaced as the 'heiress of Nightingale'. After the Nightingale name died, Morana decided to take on the name and use a bit of her magic to make sure she stayed there for a while. She only had two years left on earth. And all of her centuries on earth felt like nothing compared to the two years she had left. 

Two years was all Morana Harmonia had on earth, and soon enough, she'd be able to leave this planet and return home. 

"MISS NIGHTINGALE," BRUCE WAYNE greeted as Morana Harmonia, under the name of Morana Nightingale, walked into their shared office at Wayne Tech. Morana often invested and worked with Wayne Tech, so Bruce had decided to let her share an office with him.

"How many times have I told you to call me Morana?" Morana asked, sitting down and booting up her computer. 

"Many times," Bruce said, smirking slightly at Morana. 

"How's your ward?" Morana asked. "Richard?"

"Still shaken over the loss of his parents," Bruce said, sighing. 

"I imagine so," Morana said. "And you leave him in that large mansion by himself." 

"He's got Alfred," Bruce said defensively. 

"Yes, but he needs a father or mother figure in his life if you don't want him growing up bitter against the world," Morana replied. "I will go visit him after work today." 

"I'm not a horrible parent," Bruce protested. 

"You nicknamed your child 'Dick'," Morana deadpanned. "How the hell do you get 'Dick' from Richard!" (somebody pls explain the logic of this)

"Well..." Bruce said, not having a point to defend himself with.

"Bruce, you never had anyone to look up to. You never had that, but Richard has you. You have to let down your walls and give him what he needs. Money doesn't solve everything," Morana said,  proceeding to ignore him as she dived into her work.

The relationship between Morana Nightingale and Bruce Wayne was complicated, as Morana was constantly on Bruce's case about the ward Bruce recently took in. But they were close friends, and there was nobody else Bruce would trust to take care of Richard, bar Alfred. Bruce sighed, knowing Morana was right. 

"MOR!" RICHARD 'DICK' GRAYSON greeted Morana Nightingale excitedly, jumping into her arms. 

Morgana gave the boy a hug. "When did you grow so much!" Morana said, looking at the young boy. "How are you doing?" 

"Good," Dick said cheerily. "Bruce got me a beam to practice gymnastics." 

"That's great!" Morana said, smiling for the child. 

"Can I show you a new trick I learned?" Dick asked. 

"Of course!" Morana said, allowing the boy drag her down the halls of the virtually empty manor. Morana, while was quite rich, was glad she didn't live in a lonely manor like the Wayne manor was.

"I KNOW, TEEKL!" KLARION Bleak yelled out, frustrated. "I can sense her energy as well."

"Mrow," Teekl said. 

"I know you'd rather be with her. I'd rather be with her than you," Klarion said, stomping his foot. 

"Mrow," Teekl responded. 

"I don't know! I only took you on as my familiar for her. For all I care, you could rot on the streets," Klarion said, crossing his arms. 

"Mrow!" Teekl hissed. 

"Whatever!" Klarion said, annoyed at the conversation he was having with Teekl. "I have to go to that Flight meeting." 

"Mrow," Teekl said, a smugness entering her tone.

"I knew it was called 'the Light'," Klarion protested as the two teleported away. 

~~~~

YJ quote of the chapter

"klarion is chaos personified. he CANNOT be CoNsTiPaTeD."

"mrow." 

"yeah. yeah. contained."