Chapter 11

I was currently thinking up ideas for my latest compositions. I had perched myself upon the stool of the practice room's piano. It was quiet in here. Well... until I heard the beautiful sound of a saxophone being played. It echoed throughout the grounds, reaching my ears through the open window in the room. Walking over to the window, I rested my hands against the banister, gazing out over the grounds. "It's lovely... Who's playing it though?"

Leaving the warmth of the practice room, I made my way up to the top floor in search of the mysterious saxophone player. I found a spot in the empty area and scoured the area. I gasped as my eyes caught sight of Ren just across from me on the building playing his instrument blindly. He seemed to be putting so much passion into his playing and that made me smile.

"Jinguji-san..."

He stopped his playing to look at me in surprise: his eyes catching mine in an intense gaze. Then he crouched down, placing his sax back in its case. I was still in awe at his performance, that I didn't say anything. "You look just like a flower glittering in the setting sun, lady." I blushed at his comment. "Your music was beautiful, and that drew me here." He stood up, his look more relaxed now. "I'm happy to hear that. I don't care what the reason is..." He sauntered towards me, towering over me in seconds, "...As long as it brings the two of us together."

Taking his hands out of his pocket, I heard the rustling of something hit the ground. Jinguji-san looked like he was trying to ignore it as he placed his now-free hands on my shoulders. I switched my gaze to the floor, finding a scrunched up piece of paper now lying there. I knelt down, capturing it in my hand. Before I could unscramble it though, Jinguji-san took it from my hand and frowned.

I noticed writing when I looked over at it again, making me believe it was work. "Are those for your lyrics for the assignment? That's good!" Jinguji-san directed his frown to me, copying my words. "'That's good?'" I shook my head at him, closing my eyes in disappointment. "Jinguji-san, I didn't want to think about what would happen, if you didn't turn in your lyrics this time. But you've already finished them, right?"

The male's eyes sunk a bit at my words, before he replaced his discontent look with a more playful and fake one. "Ha... I think it's about time I left this place." I gasped. What? "I'm tired of being here." My lower lip was whimpering as I stared at the saxophone player in shock.

"Then get the hell out."

Both myself and Jinguji-san turned to see Hijirikawa-san glaring at us. His eyes were cold and his posture showed he was angry. The two males just stared at each other, neither one making a move. I felt uncomfortable as the looks continued. Trying to set things right, I began talking. "Hijirikawa-san..."

"I don't like you. My whole life has been decided by my father. I'm only free through music. So I can't forgive you for treating it so trivially!

Hijirikawa-san made his way other to Ren, his glare ever present. Jinguji-san though, his face showed nothing but a coy grin. "I'm not here because I want to be. I was dumped here." At this I gasped again, changing the direction of my eyes to the orangette now. "You were dumped here, Jinguji-san?" He didn't answer, instead choosing to keep up his talk. "So I have no reason to be at this school. It's just a lark.

"That's a lie. That timbre I hear earlier was no lie. Why don't you show that?"

Jinguji-san chuckled, holding up his lyrics for the assignment. "I told you." He held both of the top corners, threatening to rip them. "It's all just for kicks." His fingers tore the sheet apart, leering the new gust of wind have at them. My hair and skirt blew in the gust, as I reached out for parts of Jinguji-san's work. "You're lyrics!"