Chapter 5

"So you're saying you saw HAYATO? As in the HAYATO we were talking about before you disappeared? Just because you were chasing a cat that stole Haruka's handkerchief?" I nodded at Tomo-chan's words. "But it wasn't exactly him."

"Ichinose-san?"

The boy turned around to face me. "(L/n)-san correct?" I nodded calmly. "You look so much like that Idol Nanami-san was talking about. HAYATO-sama... I think?" There was a scoff from the direction of Ichinose-san. "I am definitely not him. It's an absolute pain being mistaken for that shallow dullard of a twin." My eyes widened at his accusation towards the Idol. "That's not true!" He stared at me in disbelief. I myself was even a bit shocked. I never speak out like this. "I mean... that's not very nice to say about your twin?" I was a bit skeptic. I mean he looked too identical to not be HAYATO. How has no one heard about Tokiya Ichinose being HAYATO's twin. But then I guess I can't really say anything, as I've never even heard of HAYATO. "But you look so alike. You really aren't HAYATO-sama?" He shook his head. "Oh no!" A voice from above the two of us made me jump. "Wrong!" I started looking around vigorously, before the Headmaster landed in front of Ichinose-san. "That's wrong-o!" He spun around on the spot, throwing in a few random arm movements in the process. "Headmaster, how long have you been there?" He stopped and stared me dead in the eye. "Me? I've been here all along!" I sweatdropped. "Then you overheard everything?" He smirked, glasses glistening. "You could say that."

"He is not HAYATO!" My eyes widened. So it was true then? "He is HAYATO's younger twin brother... Tokiya Ichinose!" I nodded slowly. "Younger twin brother...? I guess that makes sense. He does look extremely identical and his voice has the same pitch to it." The Headmaster put a hand on my shoulder. "That's right! I'm glad you accepted it that easily!"

"It's a pain... Being mistaken for that frivolous Idol." Ichinose-san continued from where he had left off before. "Please! Stop! I can accept you may not be HAYATO, but I still don't think you should describe him so poorly! He has made a lot of people happy during his time as an Idol, and he still does that even now! I know you might not like him and maybe something even more personal then that, but please don't think of him as someone terrible and bad! He seems to be a very good person!" I panted as I finished my rant, head tilted to the ground. I didn't have the confidence to look up again. There was a quiet gasp from Ichinose-san's direction, but still no one spoke. I shouldn't have said anything! With a sickly feeling in my stomach, I gripped Nanami-san's handkerchief tightly and sprinted back to the dorms.

"(L/n)!" Was all I heard as I ran further and further away from the water's edge.

"So you really saw HAYATO's twin brother? Crazy! That's so bizarre!" Tomo-chan exclaimed, falling back onto her bed. "Thank you for getting my handkerchief (l/n)-chan. It really must've been a strange encounter." I nodded. I hadn't exactly told my roommates the entire story, as I had left out my sudden outburst, thinking there was no reason I should tell them. "Haruka! That's your way in! If you become all chummy with his twin, you could finally meet your heartthrob, HAYATO!" Nanami-san seemed deep in thought, but shook her head. "I-I... No. That would mean using both (l/n)-chan and Ichinose-san. I couldn't possibly do that!" She cried in shock. "I know I know. Yeah, I guess you're not the sort of person to make those sort of connections are you?" Nanami shook her head. "Okay! Well let's get changed into our pyjamas and get a good night's sleep then classes start tomorrow!" Smiling, we all bid each other goodnight, before climbing into our separate beds. "Night Tomo-chan. Night Nanami-san."

"Goodnight (y/n)."

"Goodnight (l/n)-san."