Chapter 6

After I had gathered my things, I had rushed to the library to find Haruka-san still there.

"Haruka-san!"

I whisper-yelled, trying not to disturb anyone else in the room.

"(Y/n)-san! I've tried to get everything I can on musical notations and reading sheet music. I was wondering if you could still help though?"

I nodded, a smile on my face. "Of course! I'll do everything I can."

Haruka and I had been studying for about an hour, jotting notes down, reading lots and trying to find certain books. Right now, I was looking for a book that could show her certain parts about moving the notes around on a sheet and repeating some. I believe it was on the top shelf around here, so I had moved the ladder to see.

"Musical notations."

"Places on a line and between!"

"Where to go to see the dot."

"Repeating the music."

There we are! Reaching for the book, I clumsily caught my foot on the side of the ladder, resulting in me wobbling and falling off the ladder with the book in my hand. I let out a yelp, as my body moved closer towards the floor. As I closed my eyes, I heard the sound of footsteps, and a grunt. My eyes fluttered open in shock, trying to find what I had hit. To my surprise, I saw Hijirikawa-san standing next to me, with a look of worry on his face, as he stared at my body. I noticed he was holding me tightly, as my small body shook slightly. His eyes were alert, while his hair was not-so-very-noticeably messy. "Ahh! Hijirikawa-san! I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" My voice was laced with concern, as I studied his face over for injuries. He only raised an eyebrow at me, slightly moving forward. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I blushed, as my head lowered back down and into his chest. "Yes. Thank you so much. I don't know what would've happened if you weren't there." With a shrug of his shoulders, he answered my concern.

"(Y/n)-san!"

Raising my head, I saw a very worried Haruka staring at me. "Are you alright? What happened...? Oh! Hijirikawa-san. Did you help her? Thank you so much!" Haruka-san barely gave him a chance to reply, as the blue-haired male carefully placed me back down on my own two feet. "Yes. I'm sorry to have worried you Haruka-san, Hijirikawa-san. I just fell that's all. I'll try to be more careful next time! Or get help..." Haruka-san just nodded along to what I was saying, while Hijirikawa-san listened carefully. "I think that would be best. Always make sure you have someone with you now. It might just help you more." With those wise words, Hijirikawa-san left, and I was left with a nagging Haruka-san. Oh well... it seems it's back to studying then!

It was lunch. I was sitting on my own, as it seems Haruka-san, Tomo-chan, Otoya and my other friends haven't arrived yet. I didn't mind, it's just that it would be nicer to talk with someone. Maybe I could research a bit more for Haruka-san's sake? That seems like a good idea actually!

After picking out a good book from the library, I took place on a bench outside in the school grounds. It was rather quiet out here, with the occasional chatter from passing students. But they chose to ignore me. Which I guess is for the best, as I wanted to get as much knowledge crammed into my head at the moment.

"'If you see a line with two dots on the side, going down the sheet after a certain bar, find the nearest one, as this is where you will go back too. If more than one pair is seen, you will have to double-back on yourself more than once.' That doesn't seem too hard. Maybe I could learn a piece to show Haruka-san..."