The Fight

You find yourself being pulled by Lucy towards the subway station where she claims you and Susan have to see something. You weren't finished reading your article so you weren't entirely happy but once you saw what was happening, you were filled with dread. Peter was fighting a couple of other boys and he was getting beat badly. He looks up at us and makes eye contact with you. He gets punched in the gut and you can't look anymore so you turn to leave but Edmund then pushes past you and joins the fight. Lucy and Susan try to stop him but fail at grabbing him. Now the two of them are fighting for no reason and finally, a few guards break up the fight. You follow Susan down to the boys and you all go sit on a bench. Seeing as you are really good friends with all of them, they treat you like part of their family. Both their father and your father are off at war and are now at boarding schools while the war goes on. 

"You're welcome," Edmund says sarcastically as he sits down next to Susan. 

"I had it sorted," Peter retorts. You sigh, knowing that they will be bickering the whole way to school. 

"What was it this time?" Susan questions. You find yourself paying more attention as Peter sits next to you. 

"He bumped me." 

"So you hit him?" 

"No. After he bumped me, he tried to get me to apologize. That's when I hit him," Peter says with anger. You carefully place your hand on top of his to get him to calm down. He looks down at your hand and takes a deep breath. 

"Why can't you just walk away?" Susan practically yells. You have to grip his hand as he starts yelling back. 

"I shouldn't have to! Don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?" 

"Uh, we are kids," Edmund inputs. 

"Well, I wasn't always." You squeeze his hand and he squeezes back and sighs. 

"It has been a year. How long does he expect us to wait?" You have no clue what they are talking about but decide to stay quiet. 

"I think it's time to accept the fact that we live here. It's no use pretending any different," Susan says calmly. Peter just looks down at your conjoined hands and leans over to whisper in your ear. 

"Thanks," is all he says but you have to turn away to hide the blush coming to your cheeks. Before you even realize it, Lucy jumps and says 

"Ow!" 

"Be quiet Lucy," Susan says. People had already been staring from the previous argument and Susan did not want any more eyes on her. 

"Something pinched me!" 

"Hey, stop pulling!" Peter says. You let go of his hand, thinking he is talking to you. 

"I'm not touching you!" Edmund exclaims. 

"What is that?" Susan says. The train flies past and continues to speed up. 

"It feels like magic," Lucy says. 

"Quick, everybody hold hands," Susan instructs. You grab Susan's hand and Peter grabs yours. 

"I'm not holding your hand!" Edmund says to Peter. Peter abruptly grabs Edmund's hand and we all stand there as the train goes past. Posters fly off the walls and it looks like the bricks are being pulled away to reveal bright blue skies. You close your eyes, not believing what you are seeing. Finally, you feel Susan let go of your hand but you still hold onto Peter's. You open your eyes to find yourself no longer in the train station but in a cave near a beach. Susan and Lucy smile at each other and run off towards the water. Peter and Edmund follow Peter letting go of your hand. They all jump in the water and you look around in amazement. You can't tell if you are dreaming or not. Peter runs up and picks you up, carrying you to the water. You try to get out of his arms but he drops you in the water before you could get a word out. You come out of the water sputtering and everyone is laughing. Once you are calmed down, you can see Edmund staring up at the cliff. 

"Where do you suppose we are?" he asks. Peter laughs. 

"Well, where do you think?" 

"Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia." Everyone looks up to see ruins at the top of the cliff. After a couple of seconds, everyone gets out of the water and they all grab their clothes scattered across the beach. Peter comes up to you as you take your shoes off and pour water out of them. 

"Sorry Y/N. Should have warned you," he says. You look up at him and can't help but smile as he smiles at you. Everyone carefully climbs the cliff, Susan leading and Peter bringing up the rear. Everyone goes their separate ways and searches the ruins for any sign of who lived there. You meet up with Susan and Lucy by an apple tree growing in the middle. 

"I wonder who lived here," Lucy says while looking around. 

"I think we did," Susan says as she picks up something off the ground. Edmund makes his way over and notices the gold chess piece. 

"Hey, that's mine...from my chess set." 

"Which chess set?" Peter inquires. 

"Well, I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?" Lucy makes a connection to what this place is. She runs off and the others follow her. You decide to stay back as you still did not understand where you are. Lucy points things out and they all recognize where they are. 

"Cair Paravel." Once they knew where they are, the Pevensie children continue walking around, feeling sad that this happened. 

"Catapults," Edmund points out. 

"What?" 

"This didn't just happen. Cair Paravel was attacked." The boys make their way over to a wall and move some of the stone to reveal a door. Peter breaks the door down and begins making a torch with a stick and his shirt. You know fully well that Edmund has a flashlight in his bag but did not want to point it out. 

"I don't suppose you have any matches in there, do you?" Peter asks Edmund. He opens his bag. 

"No...but would this help?" He pulls out his flashlight and we all laugh. 

"You might've mentioned that a bit sooner!" Edmund leads the way down some stairs into a treasure chamber holding four chests. You stand at the base of the stairs, feeling way out of place. 

"I can't believe it. It's all still here," Peter says. Lucy pulls a dress out of her chest. 

"I was so tall," she says. 

"Well, you were older then," Susan says. Your head begins to hurt trying to process everything they are saying. 

"As opposed to hundreds of years later...when you're younger," Edmund jokes. Peter stands there holding a dusty item in his hands. He blows away the dust to reveal a lion. He walks towards the unopened chest and pulls a sword out of it. 

"When Aslan bears his teeth, winter meets its death." 

"And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again," Lucy finishes. 

"Everyone we knew...Mr. Tumnus and the Beavers...they're all gone." 

"I think it's time we found out what's going on," Peter announces. 

"Y/N, I've got some dresses here you can try," Susan says. Susan kicks the boys out so that all three of you can change. Susan hands you a dress and all three of you quickly change. Susan has a bow and arrow, Lucy has a dagger and cordial, you have no weapon. After everyone changes, you all get ready to start trying to find why you were called to this strange land.