Lost and Found

It has been hours and Peter keeps leading you all to dead ends and into places that nobody recognizes. 

"I don't remember this way at all," Susan voices. 

"That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your heads." You stare at the back of his head, wanting to smack it for the mean comment. 

"That's because our heads have something in them," Lucy snaps back. All of you girls begin giggling. 

"I wish he'd just listen to the DLF," Susan whispers. 

"DLF?" Edmund says. He had heard Susan's comment. 

"Dear Little Friend," Lucy explains. 

"Oh, that's not patronizing, is it?" Trumpkin says. Peter then leads you into a rock passage and stops. 

"I'm not lost," Peter mumbles. Trumpkin and he begin arguing. You were not used to walking around so much so you lean against the rocks and take off your shoes. 

"You okay Y/N?" Lucy asks. You nod and Peter continues on. Everyone comes to a stop by a gorge. Everyone looks at the running water and Susan groans. 

"Over hundreds of years, water eroded the earth's soil..." she says. 

"Oh, shut up. Is there a way down?" he asks Trumpkin. 

"Yeah, falling. Come. There's a ford at Beruna. Any of you mind swimming?" 

"Anything's better than walking," Susan says. Again they begin walking but Lucy notices something on the other side of the gorge. 

"Aslan?... It's Aslan! It's Aslan over there! Well, can't you see? He's right..." She turns back around but nothing is there. Her smile falters. 

"...there." 

"Do you see him now?" Trumpkin asks.

"I'm not crazy. He was there. He wanted us to follow him," she says. She looks like she is about to cry.

"I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood. Just like that bear," Peter says. 

"Look, I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist," Trumpkin says. He turns around to continue walking. Peter looks across. 

"Why wouldn't I have seen him?" Peter asks Lucy. 

"Maybe you weren't looking." 

"I'm sorry, Lu." He turns and continues walking. You keep looking over at Lucy and notice that she just constantly sniffles, trying not to fully burst into tears. 

     Before leaving the gorge, you had decided to put your shoes back on to protect your feet. You walk all the way to the ford at Beruna only to find a bunch of soldiers building a bridge. Everyone hides behind some large logs and watches the soldiers work. 

"Perhaps this wasn't the best way after all," Susan says quietly. You all creep away and you groan as you walk next to Susan.

"Why do we have to walk so much?" you complain. Susan giggles. 

"I have never heard you complain before. It's normal to walk here. Until we get horses of course," she says. You stay quiet until you reach the gorge again. Peter is talking to Lucy, trying to find out where she saw Aslan. You walk to the edge of the gorge and look down. You take a step back, not wanting to fall but feel the earth give way underneath you. You scream as you fall downwards but hit another hard surface only a short distance down. Everyone rushes to the hole and Peter is the first one to get there. 

"Y/N!" he yells as he runs over. You look up at him with a shocked expression. 

"I saw Aslan about here," Lucy whispers. Peter helps the others down the hole as everyone follows the path down that you had found by accident. Once you reached the water, you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. You direct everyone across the river and jump when you feel a hand touch the small of your back. When you jump, you almost fall backward but he grabs your hand with his other one not touching you. 

New World - Peter Pevensie x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें