Chapter 7

After we finished our dinner, ma and dad saw us outside. Louis as usual was pouting and pleading me not to go, while I laughed at her antics.

I hugged ma and dad goodbye and kissed Louis on the cheek. I waved them goodbye as we walked to our car.

I smiled as Daniel sat on the driver's seat. I kissed him and then pulled away and asked,

" Will you tell me the reason of the lie now?"

Daniel raised his eyebrow and innocently said ,

" What lie?"

I raised my eyebrow in challenge and he chuckled and raised his hands above his head and said,

" Okay okay. I just wanted us to have a special night. I am taking you somewhere."

I raised both my eyebrows . He looked at my face and pouted. I chuckled and looked straight at the road.

I was excited. It had been some time since we had a proper date. It's been forever since we spent a night without worrying about the pack or the business. Finally we were gonna have some time together.

The drive lasted for about half an hour. He parked the car near a dark clearing. I got out of the car and walked into the clearing. It was one of our oldest pack buildings. We stopped using this building ages ago.

"Why did you bring me here, Daniel????"

I asked.

Silence followed my question.

Worried, turned and said,

"Daniel where are--"

Before I could finish my sentence, I felt Daniel hit my head with a heavy piece of rod and then everything went black.

_________________________________

I woke up, my head hurting like crazy and my body stiff. I couldn't move. I felt something warm trickle down my forehead. I could hear voices, but it was like it was from a very far distance.

I opened my eyes. My surroundings were blurry and disoriented. I blinked my eyes and tried to clear my eyesight.

I opened my eyes properly. I scanned the clearing.

My parents were standing in the end of the clearing, shielding my siblings from something. My ma's eyes were filled with tears while my dad's face was contorted with fury. My ma's one hand was stroking his stomach. Louis' features were fierce with anger and she protectively held Landon and Levi.

Then I looked at the person whom my family was staring with hate filled eyes.

Daniel.

My heart dropped as memories of the dinner and the ride came back. Daniel.....why would he do this?

"Why." I croaked. "Why. Why Daniel!?!" I half screamed at him.

He smirked and said,

" So you've finally woken up. Thank the goddess. I was getting a lil bit tired dealing with this folk. Finally I can do it."

His eyes were no longer warm and filled with love. They were cold and filled with greed.

Maybe this isn't my Daniel.

I wanted to believe it, but I couldn't. Deep down I knew, this was him. Or more accurately, this was the real him .

Tears fell from my eyes. So all of that was just a lie?