Chapter 4: Destined to the Infirmary

Ryujin's P.O.V

"Ryujin?" She managed to call out my name at last.

"You?" I snickered bitterly right after she said my name.

I placed my tray on the table with a loud bang before she could say anything to me and left her in the cafeteria dumbfounded. I ran through the hallway as fast as I could and turned around the corners to get rid of her since I could hear her footsteps becoming louder with acceleration as she followed me. Just stop following me! Darn it!

Finally, I reached a dim staircase, which has an opening behind it that can fit two or three people with a table blocking the way, thus making me jump over it to hide there. I can't believe that I, Shin Ryujin, a girl who gets straight As in every test and who isn't interested in dating, would have no choice but to hide in a hot dating spot, or precisely a make out spot. Yes, it is what it is. I've always avoided this place because how couples eat their faces off in this poorly lit area, secluded from the teachers, disgusts me. It's all You-Know-Who's fault for making me hide here!

"Ryujin? I need to talk to you." My heart raised when I heard her voice nearing the staircase, sweat beginning to form on my forehead.

"Look, I know you're here somewhere and you can hear me," she said as her feet shuffled nearer, "I'm really sorry for what I've done." Well, sorry won't fix anything or the freedom taken away from me, you traitor!

"Stop hiding and please come out, Ryuddaeng," her voice cracked when she uttered the nickname, which brings a huge sentimental value to me, followed by an unresolved pain in my heart.

A few seconds later, she sighed with defeat and her footsteps began to fade away. Instantly, I felt small droplets of water trickling down my cheeks, only to realize that I was... crying. Wait... Why do my eyes feel dry, but my cheeks are wet? So, my head snapped up to find a black creature hanging upside down from the ceiling with a fine trickle of drool leaking from the corner of its fanged mouth. A bat? A BAT?!!! I let out a mighty scream before dashing out of the opening and leaping over the table only to bump into a body, which was facing the opposite way. As a result, I fell on top of that person, while they fell face-flat on the floor with a faint crack. Ouch... Must have hurt a lot.

I quickly removed myself from the poor person and turned their body to face me in order to check for wounds. The person was caressing their nose, so I gently removed their hands as I examined it, which was bleeding. Then, I was met with those familiar feline eyes for the second time today after I shifted my gaze from her nose.

****

Yeji's P.O.V

There was an intense stabbing pain on the side of my nose that made a contact with the floor. Just when I was caressing it, I felt hot liquid gushing out of my nostrils, wetting my hands in the process. Subsequently, someone removed my hands as gently as possible, and examined my bloody nose, alarm evident in her brown orbs. I almost forgot the pain when her familiar almond eyes met mine, and we were both caught in a trance, faces inches away from one another, unspoken words echoing in my head as I tried to muster the courage to speak.

"Ryu-"

"Get off her!" Chaeryeong pushed her away with force, causing her to topple over. "Oh my gosh! Your nose is bleeding, Yeji-yah."

"Ryujin-ah!" The foreign-looking girl I met at the class entrance ran to her side and helped her stand up.

"What have you done to her?" Charyeong bellowed and tried to grab Ryujin's collar, but a tall girl came in between them and seized both of her hands. "Let go of me, you idiot!" The tall girl didn't even budge although Chaeryeong was threshing from her hold.