Chapter 52: The Portrait

Lia's P.O.V

I strode my way out of the dressing room after I finished changing back to my casual wear. Music blaring from my AirPods, I strolled along the corridors until I reached the exit of Korean National Theatre. Apparently, my best friends have already gone back to the bus as they lost their patience to wait for me because of my shilly-shally movements while changing my clothes. Don't blame me for taking time. I hate rushing.

My eyes caught a figure lurking in the shadows at a corner, making me stop dead in my tracks out of fright. I flinched when that figure revealed himself, holding a bouquet of flowers in my direction as he smiled sweetly at me. I pressed a palm on the left side of my chest and puffed out a sigh of relief, glaring at Soobin.

"You scared me!" Then, I stomped toward him and gave him continuous soft punches on his chest in irritation. "Why didn't I see you in the audience? You promised me that watch you would watch!" I sputtered.

"I was watching your play the whole time," he replied hastily, shielding himself with his arms from my attack. "I was on the indoor balcony. That's why you didn't see me." On the account of hearing his explanation, I halted my attacks and directed my gaze at the bouquet he's holding.

"Is that for me?" I inquired, switching my intimidating demeanor to an affable one, and he tilted his head teasingly since he noticed my sudden switch.

"Wow. Where did that angry strawberry go?" He pretended to search for someone behind my back. All of a sudden, my eyes dilated with realization due to a certain fruit he referred me to.

"Strawberry?" I mused skeptically, so he choked on air.

"Here you go." He thrusted the bouquet into my hands and whisked himself away, saying that he has somewhere to go in a hurry.

A smirk curved up my lips due to this newfound information.

****

Ryujin's P.O.V

"Shall we have a sleepover at someone's house after this?" Somi exclaimed with exhilaration, making the other girls nod in approval, except me because my energy has already been sapped out of me after endless nights of practicing and studying.

"I'll just rest at home," I spoke sluggishly, leaning my head on the backrest as I peeked at the girls through my slitted eyes. As soon as words escaped my lips, the clingy cat next to my seat groaned.

"Such a party pooper," she commented in dissatisfaction, and I turned my head to her.

"I have to revise my flash cards since the debate is in two days," I complained, earning a pout from her, while the other girls stared at me in disapproval.

"Ryujin-ah, you can bring your flash cards to the sleepover," Yuna voiced out her opinion, crossing her arms over her chest.

"But won't I be a bother to you guys? Y'know sleepovers involve a lot of fun and I might be a killjoy if I can't join you guys. Besides, I gotta sleep early because I'm really exhausted right now." I attempted to reason them, but they looked like they were not going to give up on persuading me.

"Ryuddaeng, we'll let you sleep early if you wanna," Yeji bargained, holding my gaze earnestly. Seeing that I was still not going to give in, she slanted toward me and wrapped her arms around my waist, showing me puppy eyes as she made childish noises. "Pretty please?" She incorporated aegyo in her voice, fluttering my heart in the process. Nonetheless, I shook my head out of amusement, testing to know the extent of her persuasion.

"Aish. Such a grouch," she hissed and removed herself from me, almost making me roll my eyes with disappointment.

"We're having a sleepover at my house- with or without Ryujin. Let's meet there when the clock strikes 6," Lia declared before sitting beside Somi since Chaeryeong and Yuna are inseparable.