SCP-026_ Afterschool Retention.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the scp universe, only my OC's. All the credit for the scp's belongs to their respective authors and the scp wiki.

These stories may contain bad language, blood, violence and sometimes death. You have been warned.

Without further ado,
Chapter 1: SCP-026_ Afterschool Retention.

———————————————————————————

Cecile tightened her grip around the warm steering wheel. Her piercing emerald eyes glancing back and forth across the desolate road. It had been hours, but the scenery barely changed.

Most nights were the darkest of greys, but this one was nothing but pure black. No lights, no moon, no stars, just an empty void of darkness, not even letting the tiniest speck of light penetrate through. It was impossible to see beyond the boundary of luminous headlights.

"Ugh, that stupid camera!" A deep voice called out from her side, sounding a bit shrill yet still pleasant to the ear. Cecile quickly broke eye contact from the road and looked past her shoulder. Sitting in the passenger's seat was a young man, probably not much older than her. His unnaturally pale complexion revealed by the car's dim golden light. In his hands, he tweaked around with a small dove-gray recording camera.

"You better not break it before we get there Tom." Cecile said as she focused back on the road.

"Relax Ceci, I'm not going to break it. It's brand new for god's sake." Tom responded.

Cecile giggled at his comment. Shaking her head in delight. "Okay, okay. No need to be so agitated about it my friend."

"It's 4 in the morning. I have every right to be agitated." Tom muttered as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "How on earth did you even find this place to begin with?"

Cecile grinned. "Remember that urban gossip website I was talking about?"

"Yes..." Tom hesitantly responded.

"Well, according to it, this school is surrounded by creepy rumors. People who went missing, and explorers who suffered a strange memory loss... Can't you see, it's an urban goldmine! The perfect location for our next video."

Tom let out a soft groan, sinking deeper into his seat as he exclaimed. "Okay I get it, but that still doesn't justify how early it is! Couldn't we have gone in the evening or something?"

"Ha, no way! I'm pretending I didn't hear that just now." Cecile laughed while making a sharp turn to the right. "Just wait and see. This is going to be—."

She gasped as her heart skipped a beat. A dark silhouette moved past her vision, causing her foot to jump toward the brake and with screaming tires the car came to an abrupt halt.

"Cecile what the f*ck!" Tom screamed, puffing for air.

Cecile blinked, glancing into the darkness in search of the silhouette. Unfortunately to no prevail. Must have been a deer. She thought as her poor heart nearly went into overdrive. Then she noticed it. Beyond the endless darkness, something glistered in the distance. Sparkling in the golden headlight like stars on a winter evening. She narrowed her eyes. Is that a... fence?

"I think we might be here..." She whispered. Her foot slowly pressed down and they pulled into the verge before turning off the warm engine.

"Well, I'm never letting you drive again." Tom mumbled as he grabbed his cheap looking cobalt-blue backpack. Cecile opened the portier, shivering when a wave of wind rushed past her body. She pulled her coat tighter. Had she known it be this cold, she would have brought some warmer clothes for the trip.