(ARCHIVED) Envy

(Welcome to Chapter Three.

Sorry for the long wait for this chapter. I had some things to do, so this chapter will probably not be as good as the two other chapters before it. However, I hope you can enjoy this chapter just as much you did the other two.)

(thanks for the 1k reads :) i didnt think this fanfic would get this far but thanks anyways. )

(Thank you for reading)

CHAPTER THREE:

Envy

Theme for the chapter:

The night in this forest had turned into a great storm of snow, and as far as the eye could see a blanket of snow covered the ground and treetops. There was an eerie silence that flooded the vast land beneath the clouds; nothing besides the soft sounds of ice cracking and the battering gusts of wind were heard in this blizzard. The place looked dead and malnourished to the brink of its demise and no sign of life could be found anywhere; perhaps the feeling of death still lingered in the ground that laid the skeletons of the thousands of people adorned in purple cloaks who all died here four years ago. If you were to look around, the snow would almost completely cover their eroding bones and torn black, red striped cloaks, making them almost impossible to see unless you got close enough. These former men belonged to none other than the witch cult and the former assassination organization who became victims of the sword saint two years ago; although their deaths had been swift, the battle aftermath caused the extinction of the assassination headquarters and its building had almost been wiped off the face of the earth.

However, even in this ruin, a pink-haired woman and a shorter platinum-haired woman could be seen walking in the snow flurries of cold air in the distance. They wore long black coats and furry black boots; they covered the majority of their body, but just by the minor skin shown on their faces any man or woman would be memorized and believe they were beautiful. The two of them walked throughout this razing snowstorm with little to no trouble at all, almost like they couldn't feel the frigid, numbing cold from the wintery weather.

"Onee-sama, you don't think the seat of envy could be out here, do you? we've been walking for at least two days now, I don't want our time to be wasted in a place like this."

"Patience Ram, you trust your big sister right?"

"...yes," Ram said begrudgingly as she continued to follow her sister.

Trudging through the mountains of snow and corpses, they neared their objective, the ruined Assassination Headquarters. As they approached the building, it almost seemed like the air became more sinister with every step, like they needed to run away from this place immediately.

'Why does it feel so... strange here?' ram thought as she and her sister approached the large mansion-like ruined building. Although Ram's cold and arrogant exterior kept her walking, she still couldn't get the thought out of her head that this place isn't safe...

"Now... let us retrieve The Archbishop of Envy..." Ram's sister said in an ecstatic tone while letting her platinum-like hair fly in the wind.

***************************

In Subaru's mind...

It was cold, dreary, and pitch-black... Subaru woke up in a room filled with darkness that wasn't the familiar torture room he was accustomed to. The bloody stains on the wall, the assorted tray of bloody knives on a table, the disgusting smell of rotting flesh coming from outside his room... they were all gone.