Revelations p.5

Naruto sighed and looked at her apologetically feeling guilty at what he was about to do to her. "Naruko-chan..." he started going through hand signs rapidly, "This will be ... unpleasant, so I suggest you get comfortable."

Without warning, he quickly placed his hand on Naruko's head, catching the girl off guard and unable to react to the sudden contact. "Uzumaki Fūinjutsu: Memory Viewing Technique." he muttered, before the girl's purple eyes glazed over as her mind was assaulted by a huge wave of memories. They were Naruto's memories, he mind idly registered as scenes she didn't recognized flashed through her mind.

Starting with his childhood, where he was ignored and shunned by the rest of the villagers...

His first Genin test and the subsequent three failures due to his inability to do a Bunshin...

The night when he stole the Forbidden Scroll of Sealing's and Mizuki's harsh pounding by his hands to protect Iruka...

His first Genin team and the missions they went together...

The Suna-Oto Invasion and the death of the Sandaime...

Finding Tsunade and the Sasuke Retrieval Mission and their fight at the Valley of the End...

The three year training trip with Jiraiya and their return to the village...

His encounters with the Akatsuki and the destruction of Konoha at the hands of Pein...

The village's recognition of Naruto's heroic deeds and the Five Kage Summit...

Kurama's redemption and his vow to protect Naruto till the end of time...

The Fourth Shinobi World War and Madara's successful revival of the Jūbi...

Kaguya's resurrection and his subsequent last stand with Sasuke...

Then, it all stopped. Naruto pulled his hand away as Naruko blinked, shaking her aching head, cradling it with her hands as she tried to process the information given to her to make some sort of sense with it.

From what Naruko could tell, Naruto had basically been through hell and back. Her new brother had faced hardships that normally would've broken normal people — including herself, a part of her whispered — and heaped onto his already heavy emotional load was his mission to destroy Ōtsutsuki Kaguya, the Usagi no Megami (Rabbit Goddess) herself. No one deserved a life like that, and in Naruko's mind, especially not her most precious person who only wanted for her to be happy who was standing right in front of her, his expression only that of worry for her.

Naruko had lost count of the number of times she had spilled her tears on this day, both in the real world and in her mindscape. But she didn't care in the slightest, as she cried once more in sadness and sorrow, not for her, but for Naruto, whose will and determination in all his life had remained unbroken till this day. She felt her love grow for him even more. She knew this wasn't an illusion or a Genjutsu, and was finally convinced that her brother came from another realm, no matter how outrageous that was.

Naruto wasn't prepared when he was glomped by the blonde girl, and he had to steady himself as to not lose his balance. Glancing downward, Naruto saw his sister's face snuggled into his chest, causing him to smile in relief as he sensed her confusion and sadness slowly subside. Naruto looked up at the Kyūbi, who by now had lain on its front paws eyeing the scene with interest.

Kurama had forgotten what having a family felt like ever since Hagoromo passed on, but seeing the two 'twins' getting along so well with one another made him feel nostalgic.

"Onii-chan..." Naruko said softly into his chest, her mind replaying Naruto's memories again, "I'm sorry — I didn't know. Please, forgive me."

Naruko widened her eyes when she felt Naruto's strong arms hold onto her sides, making her look into his azure orbs.

"There's nothing to forgive, Naruko-chan." Naruto stated with a grin, "Besides, I have you now, so I won't be alone anymore right?" He laughed heartily and slowly Naruko herself joined in the laughter. The simple sound echoed throughout the mindscape, all their frustrations and insecurities were washed out like a tide and they relaxed as if an invisible weight had been taken off their shoulders.

Naruko giggled and smiled sincerely. "You bet Onii-chan! I'll be the best little sister that you can ever have! And that means you too you big fuzzball!" she waved at the giant fox, who smiled back in gratitude and nodded.

"Thank you, little vixen," Kurama replied ignoring the fuzzball comment, making Naruko smile even brighter than before.

After coming to terms with the startling revelations Naruto had showed her with his own memories, she felt more at ease with her current predicament and was more willing to accept the great Bijū as her other new big brother, chakra being or otherwise. In her mind, the more precious people that came into her life, the better.

"You're welcome Kyū..." she started to say, before Naruto cut her off.

"It's Kurama Naruko-chan, his name is Kurama — Kyūbi is just a title." Naruto explained with a grin and Naruko nodded in acceptance, while said fox mockingly glared at him through the metal bars.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you not think I was capable enough to introduce myself personally to the little vixen, kit?" Kurama sarcastically asked with a fake scowl.

Naruko giggled behind her hand, enjoying the sudden bickering that had erupted between the two. Naruto laughed sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry, bad habit of mine." he apologized with a mocking smirk, telling all present that he wasn't sorry at all. "Besides, you wouldn't have told her your name unless she beat it out of you!"

Naruko merely giggled harder as she watched Kurama growl playfully at Naruto. "That's not true, and you know it!" he shot back, a smirk on his massive snout. "You've beaten me because of those damned chakra chains! If it weren't for those, I would've squashed you, Birdbrain!"

"Who you are calling Birdbrain, fuzzball?!"

"The same one who could kick your ass from here to Suna, you hairless monkey!"

"Oi, you take that back!"