The Chunin exams p.3

(I do from now on just long chapers)

Naruto sighed inwardly. The blonde didn't know what he could change during this time and still keep within the timeline. He still wanted to save the Sandaime, he still wanted to save Gaara, and he still wanted to save Sasuke...

Sasuke. The name of the man that Naruto would go to the ends of the earth to save from his cursed abyss.

But that was his Sasuke, not this Sasuke that wanted to kill him back at the Academy.

That was his Sasuke, not this Sasuke that saw Naruko as a trophy to be won and not a person.

That was his Sasuke, not this Sasuke whose mental state was even more fragile than the Sasuke he had known, and the blonde knew in his heart that this Sasuke wouldn't hesitate to kill for power.

That was his dimension's Sasuke.

Naruto mentally frowned as he contemplated on this new dilemma. He still wanted to try to save the Uchiha Clan if he could, but Sasuke's sudden unstable behavior might be the cause of space-time ripples — irregularities that manifested when Naruto was thrown into this dimension by Kami.

He paled. The possibility of him actually having to permanently stop the man he wanted to save the most has become frighteningly real. If this Sasuke would not listen to reason, then Naruto would be forced to... to...

Naruto mentally shook his head, not wanting to think about what would happen if it does happen. He could only pray to Kami (he had been doing that since being given a second chance), and hope time would tell...

He really hoped that he wouldn't be forced to do the unthinkable.

~ D ~ R ~

"You..." a familiar voice said, rising in volume as it finally shouted. "will not come any closer to Baa-chan!"

Across from the boy, a white haired bespectacled young man, whose hitai-ate symbol was a single music note, laughed derisively, as if mocking the boy's very existence with his mirth. The man then levelled a glare at the boy, sneering in disgust.

"Failures will always be failures — that is an undeniable fact!" the man shouted in disgust, "You can't defeat me. You have no skills, unlike Sasuke-kun..."

The boy panted as he shakily stood his ground, ignoring the man's words while holding a cross sign, molding whatever chakra he had left into his technique. A single clone came into existence beside him as the two faced their enemy.

"Little kids think life is so easy." The man said, "That's why they go on and on about their dreams. That's why—"

The man flipped out a kunai, before rushing at the boy.

"—they never give up!"

The boy gritted his teeth as the man came charging right at him, but he had already made his decision. He would stand his ground, and protect those that were dear to him.

"Naruto!" a woman's voice yelled from behind him — the woman he was protecting, who was kneeling on the ground in exhaustion and pain, "Get out of the way! You don't stand a chance against him! Kabuto's just as strong as Kakashi, if not more!"

"You should listen to Tsunade if you know what's good for you!" the man — Kabuto shouted as he continued to close the distance.

The woman — Tsunade, was already hysterical, as she shouted. "No! Get out of the way Naruto! No — watch out!"

"Stupid boy!" the white haired man yelled, "You've just thrown it all away! Dreams don't come true when you're dead!"