#9 Familiar

Wonwoo's POV:

As soon as she walked out, I looked at what she gave me. I opened the box and I saw cupcakes. It's cute and colorful.

Unknowingly, I smiled. I immediately came back to my senses and plastered my cold face.

I stood up and rushed outside my office. I looked at my surroundings and she's still not far away. I ran towards her and grabbed her wrist. She immediately turned back.

"Don't you like the cupcakes?"

"No." I sternly said.

"You can give it ba-"

"No, it's not that." I looked at her straight in her eyes.

"Then what is it?" she asked curiously, like an innocent baby. Without any words, I took her with me, going outside the busy hospital.

"W-wait, where are you taking me?" she asked. A car was already prepared for me in front of the building.

"Sir?" my assistant called me out.

"Clear all my schedule. I'm going on a date."

"What?!" Mina suddenly shouted. She immediately covered her mouth when she saw the people looking at us.

"Go inside the car." I opened it for her. I know she was hesitant but she stilled followed me.

"What about my phone? How about my bag? I didn't ask permission to my mom? Who's going to take care of my mom?!" she fired me all those questions when I just sat on the driver's seat.

"You don't have to worry when you're with me." I leaned closer to her while she keep moving backwards until she reached the window.

"Aah!" she flinched and closed her eyes when I rolled down her window without warning.

"Don't worry Ms. Mina, here is you're bag. Rest assured, we will take good care of your mother." My assistant handed her her bag through the window.

"I... Ah... Thanks... ?" she doesn't even know if she should smile or not. She flinched again when I rolled up her window. Because of that, her face accidentally landed on my shoulder.

Why is my heart beating so fast?

I immediately shrugged her off from my shoulder. Things suddenly became more awkward in this small vehicle.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked, calming my inner self down.

"It depends on you." her cheeks turned into pink when I grabbed her seat belt and locked it for her.

"Th-thanks." she lowered her head.

"How about the mall? I heard there's a new arcade there."

She looked at me with those familiar eyes. Those eyes on the day that I first met her. Darn it. I'm thinking about the past again.

"We used to like arcade. So, maybe we should give it a chance."

~

Mingyu's POV:

"You have a meeting this afternoon, and, uhm..." I'm completely tired after all of those work yesterday. My body wants to get some rest but my mind doesn't want to.

"Yah! Are you slacking off in front of me?" her voice made me startled and I immediately straightened my position.

"No Ma'm." I gulped.

"Good. What is it this afternoon?"

"You have a meeting with Mr. Lee this afternoon, three p.m sharp."

"It's already two thirty Ma'm. We should go." I smiled and she nodded.

"Tzuyu dear!" an old guy suddenly busted inside her office. He breathed heavily while he's panting for air.

"What are you doing here?" her face instantly shows disgust.

"May I know who he is Ma'm?" I asked, making sure that he knows this guy.

"I'm her uncle." the guy, or her uncle replied in behalf of her.

"Uncle Joeng, I still have a meeting so scoot out." we we're about to go when he stopped her.

"Outside your airline!" he chased us by his words.

"What?" her brows furrowed.

"There's a rally!"

"What?!" both of us shouted in unison.

I immediately checked outside her window and there they were; holding different banners and shouting different words. Their face are filled with anger while security hold them in their place.

"They said that you're not worthy to have an airline. You're corrupt, you're plastic, you only used you're family's wealth to be in this position. A women also said that you..." her uncle was hesitant to say it further. He looked at her with fear.

"Say it." her eyes were furious.

"You're a slu-"

She sighed heavily as she already knew those words.

"She said you stole her husband and I don't know where they got that." his uncle lowered his head.

"That girl. How do I even know her. Tsk." she rolled her eyes.

"Mingyu, let's go. We still have an appointment." I nodded.

"Wait. What are you gonna do with them?"

"Let them go on, until they're tired and won't see tomorrow." she got out from the room and I followed her.

As we are walking, I can't help but to ask her something.

"Are you okay?" she stopped on her tracks and so did I.

"I will be. Plus, I don't care. Let them be until they realized that what they are holding to are all fake. It will just make them a fool." she shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Her words made me feel less heavy.

How can she be so strong? How can she not care? Does she even get hurt? Or is she just hiding her real pain?

"Ms. Chou."

"Mr. Lee." they both shook their hands.

"And who is this young man?" the guy asked.

"He's my secretary, Kim Mingyu."

"Annyeongaseyo sir." I bowed and both of us shook our hands.

His warmth, it's kinda familiar.

"This is Mr. Lee. Her daughter is Son Naeun, the owner of the famous Lee Pastry here in Korea.

"Well Ms. Chou, we need to talk now. See you later Mr. Kim." I bowed down again. They both went inside the room, until they are gone from my sight.

Hmmm... Mr. Lee.

~

Author's note 📜:
Thank you! And by the way,

Author's note 📜:Thank you! And by the way,

https://youtu.be/o63lKbvpaIU
Link to my video if you want to watch. I hope you guys would support me. <3

-sebongssi