#35 A Promise We Made

Wonwoo's POV:

I slightly moved as I felt the hotness of the sun. It tingles my skin but it wasn't enough for me to wake up.

"Oppa!" My window creaked, it was close to breaking.

"Tzuyu, I'm still sleeping." I groaned and covered myself with a thin towel. Just like before, I never opened my eyes. I still want to continue sleeping.

"Have you seen Mingyu's camera? I put it beside me yesterday evening, although I couldn't find it."

"I'll inform you later if I can find it." She then left as I clearly heard her footsteps getting farther from me.

"I found out that Mr. Lee is Mina's father."

"Keep her away from him."

"Why would I?"

"Once Mina finds out that Mr. Lee is her father, he would probably convince her to break your relationship."

"If I can find my father, I will brag you to him. I'll tell him that a man named Jeon Wonwoo is the love of my life."

I opened my eyes. After the words lingered inside my head, I sat up as I combed the strands of my hair. The truth keeps bothering me and it pushes me to tell it to Mina.

If I'll tell it as soon as possible, atleast there won't be a problem in the future. Yet, the earlier I reveal it, earlier we'll end.

My head is aching.

I groaned as my hand gently massaged my head.

"Do you want coffee Mr. Jeon?" I flinched when Mina revealed herself through my small window.

I nodded and she immediately understood me. She slowly walked towards my door, handing out the cup of coffee that was once secured by her hand. It's aroma greeted my nose and it filled me with a refreshing pleasure.

"Is something bothering you? Or is it just because of the headache?"

I gulped a small amount of coffee.

"It's just the headache." I hope it's okay to lie sometimes.

"Because we're going back to the city tomorrow, I want to thank you for bringing me here." After a while of comfortable silence, she spoke.

"Do you like it here?"

"I do." She smiled. I can tell that she's drawn by the scenery outside my window. It's absolutely fantastic.

"Why are you laughing? It's not like what I said was funny right?" She innocently gave me a glare, which wasn't even intimidating.

I looked down and said, "Nothing."

"It just feels like you're marrying me when you said that." I added.

"The what? Is it the I do?"

I nodded and chuckled. She's really cute.

"Well, I hope I can still say it in the future. Will I?" Her smile lessened. She now looks worried.

"You should stop saying I hope and start saying I will." Like a teacher, it feels like I'm teaching a kid to stop doubting.

"As your future husband you will."

She laughed at me, not really knowing why she did that.

"Arraseo. Promise me that we'll come back here as soon as I finish marrying you." Her gaze landed on me. I clearly saw the sparks on her eyes, brightening my day.

"I promise."

"Yah!"

~

Mingyu's POV:

I stopped Tzuyu before she can get near her.

I then felt someone walking towards us and it's Wonwoo and Mina. They must've heard Tzuyu since we're just near their cottage.

"You broke the camera didn't you?" Her sharpest gaze landed on Naeun, who definitely stared at her with amusement.

"I didn't." She then crossed her arms.

The problem is, she doesn't even look bothered. It really means that she purposely broke my camera. She wouldn't been if she wasn't the first one who mentioned my camera.

"Where is it." I seriously stated.

"I don't know, it could be anywhere. It could be in the woods, it could buried on the ground, or it could be burnt." Her silent break from every words caused me to be annoyed.

"Oh, so this was from Mina."

"She gave me this as a present when I was still young. Do you know how she earned this?"

"How?" Tzuyu carefully observed the camera.

"She wasted all of her savings and told mom to buy it for me."

"Really? How old are you guys back then?"

"Probably twelve."

"Make sure to keep this safe Mingyu. It seems special."

Tzuyu smiled as I then grabbed her wrist.

"Let's eat."

So, is she really going to break anything related to Mina? It's very immature and an indirect way to hurt my sister.

"Go straight to the point Naeun. Where is the camera?" Tzuyu raised her voice.

"What is going on here?" We all stopped when that adults came.

"Mr. Jeon, I really don't know anything they're talking about." How come Naeun instantly changed her attitude? Is she already expert in that field?

"Wonwoo?" Out of the blue, he asked his son rather than us.

"It's nothing dad." I suddenly feel uncomfortable from the silence.

"We'll talk later Wonwoo." Mr. Jeon first walked out from the scene.

"Tzuyu dear, I'll go talk to your dad." Opposite from Mr. Jeon, Mrs. Chou smiled before tapping my shoulder. She went away, as my nervousness flowed out from my body.

"Goodluck with finding the camera." Those were Naeun's last words before she gladly disappeared from our sight.

"Mina, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have misplaced the camera." Tzuyu immediately asked for forgiveness.

"You would have still find it if Naeun didn't do anything. It's not your fault Tzuyu-ah." Mina felt weak. I know how hard it was for her in the past. Well for us, buying a camera is like renting an apartment for a week. It was very pricy for someone like us.

After Mina and Wonwoo went away, Tzuyu hugged me.

"I'm really sorry Mingyu. I sincerely am."

My brain doesn't seem to be functioning. Rather than being down, I feel light. Maybe because of the woman standing ang hugging in front of me now.

"I know that nothing can replace that camera but I'll promise,"

"I'll buy the exact camera for you."

~

Author's note 📜:
[Un-edited] Stream, just stream Rock with you. 😌
Thank you!

-sebongssi