Chapter 4

The past two days were exhausting for her. She wasn't a fan of giving presentations during her college. So there she was preparing herself as if she was in her college again.

"Just don't mess this up" she sighed seeing herself in the mirror. Fixing her hair one more time she walked out of the house.

~

Ransom entered his office in good mood, he succeeded in ruining her weekend. Though he didn't know why he did that.

"Morning Mr. Drysdale" oh yes, to hear this annoyance in her usually cheerful voice.

"You seem excited for today" he smirked.

y/n turned towards him with a fake smile, "of course I am. You have given me such a big responsibility. I am really happy about that"

Ransom chuckled at her words and sat on his chair. "Do you need anything else?" she said, placing the mug on his table.

"Nope" saying that he took the mug and started to do his work, ignoring her.

She sighed and walked out of his room. There were only a few things that irritated her and he was indeed one of them.

~

She stood at the entrance of the door. "Welcome, Mr.Stark" she greeted with a smile at the man with the French beard.

He removed his glasses and returned the smile.

"Hello..." he pulled out his hand.

She shook his hand, introducing herself.

"Hmm. So you are the new assistant huh" he asked with wonder.

They walked towards the meeting room. "So now he has started to annoy beautiful girls." His comment made her laugh.

"What if I am the one, annoying him" Stark chuckled, "well then I must say you are not only beautiful but also smart. It's not easy to annoy that man."

Suddenly someone cleared their throat interrupting them. They both looked in the direction to see an annoyed Ransom standing there.

"You didn't inform me he is here," he asked in an annoyed manner. Y/n had to control her laugh, but Tony laughed without any hesitance.

"Hey angry young man"

"Hello Stark" he replied, shaking hands with him.

Ransom turned towards y/n. "You ready for the presentation miss y/l/n?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at her.

"Of course Mr. Drysdale" she replied with a forced smile.

~

It wasn't as bad she thought, as they got the deal. At first, she felt weird to represent in front of everyone but then she felt comfortable.

But she could feel Ransom's continuous piercing gaze at her which she tried to ignore.

Does that man even blink for once?

Everyone congratulated her on her successful presentation, everyone but Ransom. Not that she expected that from him, she knew he was an asshole.

"Well, congratulations there smiley. You did pretty well." She turned toward Stark with a smile.

"Thank you" she smiled.

He winked and turned after saying goodbye.

"See you next week," he said. Y/n couldn't ask what he meant. Was he going to visit next week too!? One more presentation?

She sighed and walked towards her desk and sat down to do her usual work.

Suddenly she looked up, there he was staring at her from his office.

In normal circumstances, she would just ignore him when he had that annoying smirk, but now he was throwing daggers at her.

She frowned and started to stare at him too. He picked up the phone and dialed.

Her desk phone and she picked up,

"Wh..."

"Came into my office" he spat, cutting her off.

She got up still maintaining his gaze. She didn't know and entered.

Now she was pissed, why the hell was he showing her attitude?

"You are my assistant, miss y/l/n, so the next time if any delegation comes, try to control yourself." He said looking into her eyes.

"Excuse me!" She asked with confused expressions.

"You think I didn't see that way you enjoyed flirting with Stark there huh?" He said, leaning back.

Her teeth gritted, "well I don't need to explain myself to you Mr. Drysdale because if you are dumb enough to call that flirting then I don't wanna waste both of our time. But please just know that I am not a female version of you." She said with a fake tight-lipped smile.

Before he could reply she turned and walked out of his office.

For some odd reason, he wasn't mad at her words, he was rather amused, no woman had ever talked to him like that.

She is indeed not an ordinary one :)
.
.
.

A/N: okay so I am here to apologize:') I couldn't update cuz of my university and mental health.

But thank you so much for reading and for your patience.💕