Chapter 3

Ransom stormed out of the office and headed towards his car. He didn't understand why his mother always keeps interfering in the business. 

Harlan didn't have any problem with him, it was Walt that hated him, always kept guiding him on how to run shit. And now his mother was on the same path as her brother.

First, he thought to bring a chick with him to let out his frustration but went against the idea. 

The frustration was more than just to bang a hot chick.

On reaching his home, he went straight to the gym to beat the tension out on the punching bags. 

On each punch, his mother came into his mind, how she walked in as if she owned the place, how she insulted his assistant, how dare she. 

Why would she care what Harlan thinks of him, she never paid him any attention anyway. 

There was so much inside him that he wanted to let out but not everything could be out by banging or punching. 

Sometimes he just needed a shoulder, a person to listen but he would rather die than admit it.

After three hours he came out with bruised knuckles and went to take a shower.

He felt good by punching his family if it's only in his imagination…

~

Y/n went home after her peaceful day at work. 

Dare she says, she wanted the crazy family to pay a visit every day if that means her boss would let her live in peace.

She was greeted by her excited dog.

"Hellooo Zoe" she cooed and knelt to receive kisses from her fur baby.

 She couldn't spend time with Zoe for a week, so after taking a shower she took Zoe for a walk.

At 7 p.m. she was about to get ready for her night out with Emily when suddenly her phone rang, jeopardizing her plans.

----

Ransom was calmly sitting on the couch doing nothing when suddenly she came into his mind. He knew she spent her day happily so now it was time to annoy her.

He picked his phone and dialed her number. It kept ringing for a minute.

Y/n kept looking at her phone with a frown hoping the asshole would just cut it off but when it didn't stop she sighed and picked it up.

"Hello, Mr. Drysdale" her annoyed voice made him smirk. 

"I'm sending you a car, be here in fifteen-minutes" he announced.

"Wh…" he cut off before she could say anything.

"What the fuckinggg fuck" she screamed in annoyance. After some time a car was outside waiting for her. 

And again her plans with Emly got canceled because of her boss. y/n sighed and sat in the car wrapping herself with a coat, not even bothering to change. 

After twenty minutes of the drive, the car stopped in front of a mini-mansion. The house was a bit away from the city.

She came out of the car and entered the house. Suddenly a middle-aged woman, wearing formal clothes came towards her way.

“Hello, my name is Lisa,” she introduced with a tight-lipped smile and helped her to take off her coat. 

“This way” Lisa led her towards the living room where Ransom was sitting with a glass of scotch in his hand. 

He was wearing a blue knitted sweater making him look all soft and cozy but y/n knew him very well. He was everything but soft and cozy. 

Ransom greeted her with a smirk. “Hello assistant” she wanted to roll her eyes but didn’t. Lisa left them the second she came. 

“Have a seat” ransom said signaling towards the armchair. y/n reluctantly sat there waiting for him to explain why he ruined her evening. 

“You wanna drink something?” he asked but before she could reply he cut her off. 

“Well, nevermind. You must be wondering why I called you here” 

She was getting annoyed by every second by him. “Yes…isn't that obvious,” she said with a fake smile. 

Ransom threw a pile of papers towards her side of the table. “Read them, prepare yourself for the meeting. You are gonna represent us and I don’t want any mess on Monday, y/l/n” ransom said in a warning tone. 

y/n kept sitting there with wide eyes. She was already worried about the meeting as his assistant and now he wants her to do the presentation as well. She was getting anxious but tried to control her expressions. 

“What? You can’t do that huh?” ransom scoffed. She smiled and took the papers in her hands. 

“Of course I can do that Sir and I’ll do it better” she muttered, the second part but ransom heard it anyway. 

He was enjoying it, seeing her struggling to control her mouth. Ransom leaned back and took a sip from the glass. 

“Well, go now,” ransom said in annoyance when he didn’t hear anything from her. y/n turned and was ready to leave when a skinny blonde entered the room. 

“Hey, babe” her high-pitched voice made her hiss. 

She ran towards ransom and sat on his lap. She looked more desperate than the blondie from the office. 

y/n walked outside feeling disgusted. Why the hell girls throw themselves on that asshole anyway. He wasn’t the only handsome man on the planet.

Suddenly her phone rang bringing her out of her thoughts. It was Emily. 

“Hey, emy” y/n greeted and explained her situation. 

The driver saw her coming and opened the door. y/n smiled and sat in the car. The plan for a relaxing weekend was ruined by her boss. 

This was getting worse day by day but she tried to remain calm, he was trying to break her but she would not, at least not this soon. 

On reaching the room, she looked for Zoe who was snoring, spread on her bed like a queen. y/n sighed and sat on the bed. She looked at the file in her hand before throwing it towards her couch but it fell on the floor before reaching its destination. 

She laid on the bed and closed her eyes, she was fuming from inside but still tried to sleep. She needed that to survive the next two days preparing herself for the presentation….