𝟞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1960            𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THUD

Y/N and Loki lay in their beds, asleep, but a sudden thudding noise harshly wakes Y/N. She sits up quickly, whispering to herself, 'what was that?', she turns her bedside lamp on telepathically, and looks around the room, not seeing anything, she turns the light back off and lays back down under the comforter.

Another thud prompts her to turn the light back on, she looks around again, sees nothing, then turns the light back off. This movement caused Loki to wake, "Y/N? Are you using your powers to turn on the light?"

THUD

"Mhm, yes dear."

"Well allow me," Loki stands and turns the light on. Stopping at the window, he pulls back the curtain and looks out.

"What do you see, hun?"

"Only your lovely rose bushes you planted yesterday morning," he says, flattering her.

"Are you sure? Are you using your night vision spell?"

"Darling, calm yourself, I promise you everything is fine, I see nothing amiss. You have absolutely no reason to be frightened..." Loki looks out and is about to turn back to bed before there is another loud sound.

THUD

Loki yelps out Y/N gives him an odd look, "Mhm, you were saying."

"Yes, well, actually, I did overhear a couple of lads at work remarking on a few unsavory characters settling in the neighborhood. Now, who knows what those ne'er-do-wells might be up to? Robbing houses, vandalizing property," he states, a-matter-of-factly, while getting back into his bed.

"Unsavory characters? Walking through walls, changing their appearance at will, moving things without touching them?" She lists off.

"You can't be suggesting that my co-workers were talking about us?"

THUD

The recent thud caused Y/N to move their beds together, they were now sharing a king size bed, huddled close together with the blanket up to their noses. They wait another minute for another thud, but it doesn't come. They lower the blanket and Loki suggests that one of them should figure the noise out, Y/N agrees, giving Loki a side eye, suggesting that he should, but he doesn't catch on.

Another thud occurs and both look at each other with wide eyes, Y/N rolls her eyes and gets out of the bed, "For goodness sake, I'll look."

She walks over to the window and pulls the curtain back, revealing a branch beating on the window. "Well, I think that was handled well," she said, brushing her hands together like she was cleaning them.

Her husband nods in agreement, "Yes, I must say I'm rather proud of myself. And look how you seized on the opportunity to redecorate," he states, looking at the new bed she created earlier.

Y/N smiles and walks over to her side of the bed and slips under the covers next to him, "Mmm."

The couple lay in silence for a minute before Loki speaks up, "Y/N dear?"

"Hm?"

"Get the lights."

She smiles and turns off the lights with her powers, while the two go underneath the blanket together

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day       𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are they- did they just- I-," Steve stuttered at the scene in front of him, clutching a bowl of popcorn in one hand and covering Peter's eyes with his other hand.