Chapter-1

Author's pov

              " Twinkle twinkle little star
                How I wonder what you are
                Up above the world so high
                Like a diamond in the sky"

A 3-year-old baby girl was singing happily sitting on a man's lap whose age wouldn't be more than 30.

The man was painting something on paper and his whole concentration was on the painting. But, he was listening to what's the baby girl was saying.

" Daddy, sing with me, Nah," The baby girl whined with her innocent voice and pouted her lips.

Her father replied affectionately," Neela baby, I will sing with you. Just give daddy some minutes to finish it."

" No, daddy. You have to sing with me now," Neela told her father and started nagging in front of him. She kept nagging until her father agreed with her.

Her father finally gave up in front of his daughter's nagging and said with his defeated voice," Fine. You win."

" Yeayy.....Daddy will sing with me now," Neela said excitedly and her father kissed her chubby cheeks. She also kissed him back.

Her father said to her playfully," I will sing with you. But, first, you have to help me in choosing the colours. Tell me which colour will suit this painting?"

" Umm....let me check......." Neela said cutely putting one index finger inside her mouth and looked at all the colours.

They were busy in their silly talking unknown to the fact that someone was watching them smilingly holding a glass of milk. The person just admired the duo who were busy choosing the colour.

" How is yellow colour?" Neela's father asked Neela.

Neela made a disgusted face and said," Yuck! This colour looks like poop. I don't like it."

A glass breaking sound echoed through the whole room and Neela & her father looked at the person with their startled eyes.

" Niyati," Neela's father said surprisingly looking at the person.

Niyati bent down and said very nervously picking up the shattered glass," Umm...I am sorry, Ranvijay. I was just absent-minded. Neela's talking just reminded me of something. Umm..more precisely someone."

" Are you ok?" Ranvijay asked her worriedly and she just nodded her head in positive.

Neela said to Niyati with her baby voice," Mommy, I don't like milk. Still, you brought it for me."

" Milk is good for your health. That's why I brought it for you, baby," Niyati said affectionately picking up the shattered glasses.

Ranvijay walked towards Niyati and said to her softly," I will tell the maids to clean it.  You don't have to bother."

Niyati just smiled at Ranvijay and told Neela," Baby, let's go. It's time for your nap."

Neela didn't fuss and like an obedient kid, she walked towards her mother. Niyati picked her up in her arms very protectively.

" I will meet you after finishing this painting," Ranvijay softly said to Niyati.

Niyati just nodded her head in positive and left the place immediately. She returned to her room and laid down her naughty daughter on the bed. And Very soon, Neela drifted into a deep slumber.

Niyati was patting Neela's head and thinking something deeply. She felt like her heart was becoming heavy and tears started coming out from her eyes.

" Again crying hmm?" Niyati heard Ranvijay's voice and she wiped her tears hurriedly.