who r u?

stop being so pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT WOULD BE RARE FOR,

courtney not to be yelling at the  top of her lungs, her voice dripping with assertiveness and discrepancy.

it was a rare day.

moving out of her small town, into the big city.

so cliche of her, don't you think?

she sat in her taxi, legs shut tight, biting her nails quietly, as her insides swished around.

the silence of the ride was deafening, allowing courtney's thoughts to become clogging, as they threw her brain around, beginning to fidget with her fingers.

she swallowed the lump of coal in her throat, trying to think positively, as she swore if her brain didn't stop racking around, she would vomit right there and then.

she forgot where the taxi was even heading, as all the sights seen out of the window, were slowly becoming mushed together and a small blur.

the motion of the taxi stopped.

courtney let out a cold circle breath.

she got up from her seat, paying the taxi driver as she got out shortly.

the taxi zoomed away from her, stepping onto the concrete as she held the straps of her bags tightly.

looking up at the apartment building she was dropped off at, she felt a singular happy tear gush down her face, almost as quick as the speed of light.

she had negotiated a few months before to move into the building, but for some reason, she couldn't see herself actually living here.

she looked down, stepping towards the entrance as her body subliminally squirmed in anxious fear.

she pushed open the door, feeling the sense of a hopeful euphoric glow center around her, the energy of a beautiful new start in this city made her feel an all new sense of joy.

she took her first step into the building, as it made a dainty nose.

however,

the smell of cigar as he quickly clogged up her nose, as she took a step back.

the lobby of the apartment building was....grimy to say the least.

the walls were almost taunting her, as they were a ugly lily white, mold peeling on the side of them as a khaki fungus separated them.

under it, a iron wood bench, slowly falling apart and bound to break and stab in the back whoever dared to sit on it.

on the right and left, two apartment doors, shrouded in a terrible paint job.