cold brew.

i don't like feeling this way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEATHER HAD WALKED OUT,

of her door. adjusting her coat firmly as she finished the bagel she had for breakfast.

it was a daily routine for the past 5 months.

she worked all day just to come back to this slimy apartment building, which was gripping her by the throat to live in it.

she hadn't planned on living in the apartment in the first place.

she was supposed to live with her boyfriend, alejandro.

but she had gotten into the wrong taxi and it was far too late for her to go back, as he said he would be funding her enough so she could live with him one day.

she had found it odd how every time she just said she would take a taxi, he refused and started freaking out.

it was nothing to her, but it was suspicious.

still, she had continued to try to make the long distance work.

she had walked out of the disgusting building, walking down the empty street.

it was so quiet you could hear a tumble weed fumbling across it.

she worked at the wawanawkwa coffee shop. a warm and welcoming place, it gained attraction quite quickly, and it was a full house every hour.

despite the amount of stocks they had, you could never catch them paying their employees....you know.....living wage!!

it was lots of work to pay a months rent, and it really wasn't worth it.

heather finally walked into her job.

surprisingly, it was slow.

it lacked customers.

it lacked a vibrant aura.

it lacked everything that usually happened there.

perfect for heather to yell at her co-workers.

she walked behind the counter, looking at her fellow workers barley awake in the back.

"WAKE UP!"

it wasn't often she wanted them to wake up, but she needed some type of entertainment.

"I SAID WAKE UP!"

her coworkers jolted up in surprise, as the queen bitch was in the residence herself, ready for a hell storm day.

"gwen, did you place the new java chips in the java chip container?"

her coworker gwen nodded in defiance, yawning and looking at her fellow coworker bridgette, who was making preparation coffees.