Chapter 10

Edgeli Addison

I woke up to an empty bed but I could smell coffee and hear rapid fire Spanish-English. I got out of bed, found my now dry underwear to put on and went to pee before going downstairs in Teo's t-shirt and hoodie instead of my crispy looking dried clothes.

"Hey! Watch the eggs!" I heard King yell as I came down the stairs.

"You watch the eggs, I'm slicing avocados," Javi countered as I walked in.

"Mira quien esta despierta," Teo said with a smile and handed me a coffee. It was cafe con leche, the kind made with condensed milk.

"Qué hora es?" I asked them, leaning again Teo a little.

"Little after nine," Javi told me as a huge plate of Chilaquiles appeared in front of me. It was probably meant for sharing but I could easily finish it on my own.

"How was the breakfast rush?" I asked them.

"Truck can't cope with how busy we're getting," King said proudly and I was very proud of them for how well they were doing, and that they were running the business side well without help mostly.

"So you still might knock over a bank," Teo muttered into his coffee. I'd clearly missed something when I'd had my moment last night.

"We don't need to knock over a bank because we have totally legal plan instead," Javi told him, "we're taking on a business partner instead," he informed him, both of them looking to me.

"You're taking me up on the offer?" I checked with them. I'd entirely expected them to turn it down, I expected the Estrellas in their blood to make them turn down outside help.

"We have some negotiations to make but we're definitely up to take you on as a business partner," King told me and I was open to discussions on the contract, with the appropriate people present.

"You're really putting down some serious roots, E," Teo commented, looking proud of me for actually trying to make a place for myself in this town.

"It was time," I said and we kissed.

"They're so adorable together," Javi said, tucking into my chilaquiles.

"They've always made a perfect couple," King commented and I started eating breakfast. "So what exactly happened last night other than Miss Block it out nearly getting hypothermia?" King asked us.

"Nothing really, we just watched family guy and went to bed," I told them, "I'm definitely putting on weight," I muttered before putting more chips in my mouth.

"You're working as a deckhand at the marina, you need the fuel," Teo pointed out, "and I have a peewee soccer game to go coach," he said and kissed my forehead before grabbing some chips then heading upstairs.

"So why are we knocking over a bank?" I asked them both.

"Javi was concerned you may need medical attention and that we couldn't afford it," King explained and that made a lot of sense. They may have been out of the life but in times of stress, we all go back to what we know so I go back to running away and they go back to crime.

"I do have fairly decent health insurance," I assured them, "so no need to rob anywhere," I added, making sure the point was driven home.

"Oh we stopped by yours to grab you some dry clothes," King told me and gestured to the bag at the bottom of the stairs.

"What did you tell EJ?" I asked them.

"Just that you needed some clothes, he did not want details," Jav told me, "so did you...." he asked and did a slightly crude gesture.