Chapter 12

Edgeli Addison

"These menu plans looks amazing, it's nice when guests don't have crazy diet requirements," I told Charlie as I looked through his menus, which also had some alternates that he could make from the provisions we'd gotten earlier today.

"Which meal do you want?" He asked me as he was prepping things.

"I mean the lamb ravioli, it sounds so good," I told him and I would love him if he could make enough to make a crew meal from it.

"It's a favourite from my catering menu, so I always make too much of it," he assured me and I was excited, "crew dinner tonight will be less exciting," he told me, "really need to blow their socks off tonight with the engagement meal," he pointed out and he was not wrong about that.

"EJ, EJ, Tara," came across the radio.

"EJ is with me in the galley," Charlie responded before I could then a few moments later, Tara appeared in the galley.

"I've finished the last guest cabin and Verity is nearly done turning over laundry," she informed me and I checked my watch.

"That's super awesome, go take a food break then we'll have our interior meeting about half an hour forty five minutes before the guests arrive," I told her, "and if you could be in your whites in the meeting, and tell Verity the same when you pass the laundry?" I asked her.

"Sure thing," she said and headed down into crew quarters.

"So I will go print this and the pairing list off now, and check in with Captain before I have my interior meeting," I said and I was still very nervous about my first time being the chief stewardess.

"Helping turn over cabins, doing pairing menus, on it with the Captain," Charlie listed, "what can't this girl do?" He asked me with a smile.

"It all by myself?" I offered and took the coffee I'd made up to the Captain, having made sure to get his preference when we met.

"What can I do for you, EJ?" Captain asked me and took the coffee from me.

"Just wanted to get behind the bridge," I admitted, "plus the printer is up this way," I added and looked at the radar. It showed clear skies and calm seas for now.

"How familiar are you with this side of the industry?" He asked me, noticing my tattooed feet now I didn't have socks on.

"I grew up on the sea, own a little boat back home and work at the marina there too," I told him, "can't imagine a life stuck on land," I said and looked out at the sea.

"You know some old sailors then?" He asked me.

"The man who runs the marina is former navy, and the ocean runs in the Addisons' blood," I told him, "given what I do for a living, I'd be stupid not to have them, Captain," I pointed out to him.

"As would I," he said, "got them the day after I enlisted in the navy," he added and I heard the printer finish up.

"I should get back to it, not long until the guests arrive," I said and picked up the menus from the printer before going back to the main salon to finish putting them together.

I changed quickly and fixed my hair, "so I know you guys both have second stewardess experience and obviously we're only on this charter for a few days, so no one needs to be taught anything," I said, trying to get to the point.  "We shouldn't need to turn over laundry more than twice whilst the guests are on board and I'm more than happy to turn it over the final day once we see the guests off unless someone has a real affinity with the roller iron," I told them both.