Chapter 25: Spider

Notes:

This chapter ain't much better. Sorry boos. I hope you like it.

Triggers: Peter getting slightly hurt again, violence, Norman, and emotional distress

Peter's POV

“So, you and Harry Osborn thought of this yourself?” Tony asks and I’m just short of sweating. I can’t give anything away, but I can already tell he’s suspicious. His smirk is heavy and his eyes are calculating.

“It was mostly Harry’s idea. He kind of recruited me to help.” I tell him and he nods.

“So that means you worked at Oscorps then?” He asks and I almost swear. He raises an eyebrow when I hesitate.

“Yeah.” I answer and he nods.

“Interesting.” He says when his phone rings suddenly. He holds up a finger for me to wait as he answers it.

“Hello? What?” He answers and his eyes widen. He hangs up quickly, looking at me.

“Hey Peter?” He starts and I raise an eyebrow.

“Yes?”

“Put on your suit.” He tells me and I swallow. Shit.

“How…”

“No time. The Green Goblin is here.” He tells me and my eyes widen.

“I’ll be back.” I tell him and he nods. I sprint to Miles, who smiles at me. It seems forced, but after the past few days, I’m not surprised.

“Hey Pe-” He starts to greet and I grab his arm and continue running, pulling him with me. I take him to the bathroom and strip off my clothes. He sighs and pulls off his shirt.

“What is…”

“The Green Goblin is back.” I tell him and he swears under his breath.

“I was really hoping that was a one-time thing.” He says and I nod.

“So was I.” I tell him as I pull on my costume, finishing it off with the mask. Right when I do, I hear screams outside of the bathroom. I run out as Miles pulls on his mask, following behind me.

When I make it into the main room, I see that Tony is holding off the Green Goblin while in his suit, holding onto it as I use my web shooter to make my way over. Tony lets go and I web the goblin all the way around. I go to kick it, but it claws through the webs, grabbing my leg and throwing me. I use my webs to catch myself, scowling.

Did it have claws last time? And wasn’t it smaller?

I note that yes, it has to be larger this time. Last time, it was just inches taller than me. Now, it’s about the size of the Iron Man suit. I gulp. This thing beat my ass last time and now it’s upgraded?

What is this thing?

And why do I always have to be the finish line when it sprints?

I jump right as it rushes towards me and web it’s face. It crashes into experiments below and into a wall blindly. It scratches the webs off and turns around.

“This is what you were talking about, right?” Tony asks next to me and I nod.

“Yeah, but it’s new and improved.” I explain and nods.

“Let’s just try to tire it out and take it in. If it’s anything like the Jackel, then I know who can help.” He tells me and The Green Goblin turns towards me again and I repeat the same maneuver. I can tire it out, easy.