Chapter 17: Headaches

Notes:

Hello!!! This chapter is not only fluffy as hell, but the start of an arc for Peter. Keep an eye out for little easter eggs. They may be important later.

I hope you all enjoy it! I don't believe there are any triggers in this one, so I hope you like it 😁😀

Peter's POV

Harry wakes me up as soon as he does, panicked that he forgot to do it every hour. I assure him I’m fine and he relaxes.

That’s when the first change happens.

He kisses me good morning after that, uncaring that we both have morning breath and he’s still only wearing my underwear.

It’s calm, though. The day is spent laying around. My headaches come in spikes, so I’ll go from trying to do some homework to laying on Harry as he reads.

And it’s boring.

Not being with Harry. Not at all. But the fact I can’t really do anything that involves focus is a major bummer. I look outside to see the bare, late October trees, being drenched by freezing rain. That explains why the headaches are so bad today.

Right now, I’m leaning on his shoulder, straddling his lap as he reads the book he holds behind my back. My hands play with his hair and I smile as he leans into it. Anything to keep my head from pounding and anything to keep me from thinking about the Green Goblin.

Though, those are the same problems, aren’t they?

The Green Goblin is obviously out to kill me, and obviously something created by Norman.

And I’m sitting in his son’s lap right now.

I’m probably digging my own grave.

But despite that, I find myself grinning in Harry’s arms. Last night was... surprising. For him to say he likes me too is more than I ever thought would happen. And the fact he kissed me. The fact that this isn’t just something I’ve made up in my head to be something it’s not.

I press my forehead on the pillow he’s leaning against. It’s not like much has changed other than him kissing me and the fact I’m lying on top of him and I think that’s what’s nice. Harry and I as more than friends is the same as us as friends. He still whispers various passages to me as he reads, though, making me flush when he reads one in particular.

“It was unexpected, but not unwelcomed, when she kissed him.” He whispers and I snort, turning dark red as I pull back so that I’m just sitting in his lap as he leans back.

“So, then, are you the girl in this relationship?” I ask and he turns a bit darker too.

“Relationship, huh?” He asks and my eyes widen, realizing I have no idea where this is headed. Was it wrong to assume this was a relationship?

“Oh, um…” He chuckles and kisses my forehead, going back to reading.

“I’m pretty sure we’re both the boys in this relationship.” He concludes and I feel my cheeks heat up.

“So, is that what this is?” I ask and he raises an eyebrow, looking surprised by the question.

“You want it to be, right?” He asks as he marks his book and closes it, putting it to the side and I smile.

“Yeah, I think I do.” I respond and he pecks my lips.

“My boyfriend, Peter Parker. I think I like the sound of that.” He responds and I smirk, a cheeky eyebrow raised.