how you met

🦋 y/n's POV 🦋

"ms.(l/n)," called my boss, "these are the heroes you'll be interviewing today."

just as i was finishing up writing down my questions behind my desk, i quickly stood up when i saw my boss entering my office with the pros. i had put on my fanciest and most professional suit i had in my closet for this big meeting and made sure to look my best for my first interview with the heroes. i worked as a journalist for their hero agency, and ironically, i've never met a pro hero in person before. and one by one, they all came inside the room in casual clothing. i looked very overdressed next to them.

"they were once the big three of ua high," my boss stated, "i'm sure you've heard about them before. this is pro hero nejire hado; also known as miss surge."

a woman with pretty periwinkle hair and matching blue eyes greeted me with a wave.

"oh. so you're a journalist? that's so cool!" she rambled, "you know, i've always kinda wanted to be one when i was little. until i later decided to become a hero! and that was when i went to ua and..."

"this is pro hero lemillion," my boss addressed, "he's the one you'll be interviewing first."

beside Miss Surge, a tall, blond and muscular man smiled at me energetically.

"hey! i'm mirio! mirio togata!" he grinned, "Nice to meet you!"

and then, we all turned to the last hero who was yet to be introduced.

"and this," my boss informed, "is suneater. yours truly: tamaki amajiki."

we all waited quietly for him to say something, and suneater slowly raised his head as his eyes still glued to the floor. he held his arm timidly when he spoke, distant and withdrawn.

"h-hey," he mumbled, "i-i'm ama... a-amajiki."

i blinked twice, mindlessly staring at suneater as his friends huddled around him, bewildered.

"see, tamaki? that wasn't so hard now, was it?" lemillion chuckled.

"yeah, amajiki! that was great! you nailed it!" Miss Surge cheered on.

"now that you all introduced yourselves," my boss interrupted, "ms.(l/n) will be interviewing you three for the upcoming hero festival. you're all going to be in the news headline in our paper, so be prepared, heroes."

all of them nodded, and my boss proceeded to turn to me and gave me a scolding, dirty look.

"i expect you to be respectful and act accordingly within their presence, ms.(l/n)."

i admit; i had a bad habit of calling heroes by their real names, and apparently that was a big deal because people address them as their professional names during their work hours. but i simply hated formalities, so i had a history of doing the opposite.

i flinched, smiling awkwardly as i bowed in reverence to the big three.

"yes. of course."

"oh, no need to be so formal!" togata reassured, "you can simply call us by our names when we aren't doing our hero duties, ms.(l/n)! there's no harm done there!"

i exhaled, glad. At least i was able to skip that part easily.

"it's so good to finally meet you, ms.(l/n)! we've heard a lot about you and your work! it's amazing!" hado complimented.

i smiled again. but this time, it was genuine.

"likewise."

"well i'll let you kids get to it, then," my boss said, "and ms.(l/n)! Remember the deadline!"