coffee break

🦋 y/n's pov 🦋

the next morning i made sure to wake up on time and get to a coffee shop near work to see tamaki again. i had been thinking about our little outing since he left, and i was excited as i was giddy. it wasn't a date or anything, but somehow it kind of felt like one. amajiki and i were going to get to know each other, and what better way to bond with another person than through a nice chat with coffee?

i got there a few minutes before our meet up, finding us both a nice place to sit inside the small building. i scrolled through my phone as i'd look up from it whenever the door of the shop opened, and after a few minutes passed by, tamaki showed up. at the sight of him, i immediately stood up from my chair, almost falling over as my eyes were quickly set on amajiki once his head popped out from the outside.

"tamaki!" i greeted cheerily, "i'm so glad you came."

"h-hey, (y/n). i-it's nice to see you again."

amajiki walked up toward our table, looking around the coffee shop intensely. it seemed like he had never gone there before, so i was proud of myself for choosing this as our first meet up.

"if you're here now, then that means we both thought we should arrive a bit more early."

i sat back down, but amajiki's expression suddenly wrinkled in panic.

"b-but if you're here now... d-does that mean i made you wait?" he inquired, "o-oh no... don't tell me-"

"no, you didn't," i reassured, "you're just in time, tamaki. make yourself comfortable!"

amajiki pulled back the chair in front of me and sat down, the two of us now looking through the small menu.

"and hey," i added, "don't worry about paying, cuz i'm buying. so choose to your heart's desire."

tamaki now looked at me, troubled.

"n-no, i couldn't let you, (y/n). i-i don't mind paying for mine."

i shook my head, grinning softly.

"no, it's ok! we're friends, after all. right?"

tamaki's eyes glued to the menu again, covering his entire face with it.

"y-yeah... friends."

the two of us remained silent for some reason until we were ready to order. i didn't know if it was something i said or did, or maybe it was just how amajiki was most of the time. after all, we didn't know much about each other. and i don't know why, but my mind went blank after ordering, too. our conversation would've been ruined if it wasn't for my quick thinking.

"anyways... i wanted to give you my personal thanks for the interview, tamaki. because of you, i'm one step ahead of being promoted."

i was so thrilled to see amajiki's face again when he walked in through the coffee shop, and i could tell he was cheery, too, by the way his little smirk brightened his whole frame. since our little interview, i wasn't able to work without tamaki's face appearing in my mind every few seconds. i wanted to keep seeing him.

"oh. c-congratulations, (y/n)," tamaki praised, "b-but i have one question... w-why didn't you call the others in, too?"

i circled around the coffee shop, unable to find the right words to say.

"well... because i wanted to see you."

i noticed amajiki's expression change. his pale face got a bit redder right before he lowered his gaze onto the table. i thought his twiddling thumbs were adorable, and his nervous antics always made me giggle. i chuckled, bending over a little as i rummaged through my bag until i found what i was looking for.